• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

illustrated Camino diary

pressnupu

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2022
Hi everyone,
I walked the Francés for the first time in May 2022. I asked this forum a lot of questions before I went – I couldn’t have done it without your help! I kept a watercolour sketchbook diary throughout, not intending to publish it but, well, here I am. I’m sharing some pages from the book here.

If anyone is interested, it’s called My Illustrated Camino Diary (my name is Nupu Press) and it's available on Amazon worldwide as print or e–book (currently on Kindle Unlimited). There are links to each country here, if it helps.

Thank you again for all the advice then, and for the continued support of this community that I turn to for everything Camino–related!
Nupu
Camino1 day14_2.jpgCamino1 day21.jpg
My Illustrated Camino Diary_Front Cover low res.jpgCamino1 packlist2.jpgCamino1 day8.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi everyone,
I walked the Francés for the first time in May 2022. I asked this forum a lot of questions before I went – I couldn’t have done it without your help! I kept a watercolour sketchbook diary throughout, not intending to publish it but, well, here I am. I’m sharing some pages from the book here.

If anyone is interested, it’s called My Illustrated Camino Diary (my name is Nupu Press) and it's available on Amazon worldwide as print or e–book (currently on Kindle Unlimited). There are links to each country here, if it helps.
Looks wonderful! When I get home I’ll order a copy!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
That is lovely! Well done! I especially liked the first image, it's so honest lol. We've all felt low, or that we're doing it all wrong while walking Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Your portrait of Paul from Holland is a brilliant character study!
Thank you so much! There were many lovely people I met on the Camino and had the benefit of painting. It's difficult to distill each meeting down to a few lines, but it's also nice to commemorate something I took away from each person. :)

That is lovely! Well done! I especially liked the first image, it's so honest lol. We've all felt low, or that we're doing it all wrong while walking Camino!
Thank you so much! This was a real JOURNEY journey, if that makes sense. On Day 1, I was hugely mad at my former self for thinking this had ever been a good idea (I was in a lot of pain). But through the ups and downs, it changed into something else. I didn't know at the time, of course, as I was journalling "live", but it feels gratifying now! Thanks again.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Awesome! Nice work! Thank you for sharing. How did you find time to sketch!!!????
Thank you! And yes, ha ha! Even the people around me watching me sketch found it difficult to believe I was doing it! Once I started, I realised I was feeling so much better being able to process the day's big emotions/thoughts on paper, so I kept going. I didn't want to feel obligated at all (that would take all the fun away), but it happened very organically!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.