• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances in September 2014

plum pud

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014)
I'm a 45 year old woman who is currently completing a cardiac physiology degree. I graduate in 2014 and decided I wanted to walk the Camino Frances. I was firstly inspired by the film 'The Way' and now spend most of my days thinking about it.
Any feedback from past walkers would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
:D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Plum..I am 55(woman) and recently laid off/retired from the computer service business and also planning to do the Camino in Sept 2014. I will be watching your post and maybe our paths will cross some more.
buen Camino.

Hi

Sorry plum pud, but this is turning into a wannabe Camino experience rather than an actual one! But no matter.

I will be taking early retirement in August 2014, God willing, and am hoping to do the Camino September that year. I am lucky that my employer is offering a generous package to encourage fossils like me to go early!

We need to get a ladies who are retiring (and men!) to join this thread and keep us motivated!

I will be 56 then, all going well...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm Bill from San Francisco. I saw "The Way" 18 months ago, walked out of the theater knowing I had to walk the Camino, and started planning. This April I retired from my job, flew to Sevilla and started walking. I write this post from Arzua, two days out of Santiago.

It can be done.

When I get home I'll begin planning for the next Camino with a friend in September, 2014. Hope to see you then.

hi Angus here , walked camino frances 24th august 2012 weather not too warm but heard weeks before were very warm. Keep your backpack weight to as light as you can ,and make sure you have plenty food ,snacks and water for your 1st day over mountain.Get a good guide book.All the best. Buen Camino.

I am not sure if I understand all these posts right, but happy to see so many people planning to walk the Camino ;-) If, after having searched on the forums here, you have still some specific questions, feel free to ask them and you will receive in return a lot of tips and opinions ;-) SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Laurie & I will be heading over in Mid Sept 14' from Arkansas .Maybe we will bump into you all . Looking forward to this! .

Joe ( 67 )

Hi, I am Carlos Law from Hong Kong. I will fly with my foldable bike from Taipei to Madrid 19 Jun 2013. I plan to take a bus with my bike from Madrid Airport to Leon directly and start my first Camino on my bike from Leon to Santiago. After Santiago, I will continue to West then return South to Oporto of Portugal. Anyone know about the weather there from Mid Jun to Jul there? What would be the lowest possible temperature at Santiago at the end Jun. How many stops in between the way? Welcome any companion partially on my way on bike ... I do not cycle fast about average speed 15km per hour. Thank you for any advice.

Hello to all-I just thought I'd reintroduce myself when I saw this thread. I will have just turned 58 when I arrive to walk my first Camino, hopefully in September 2014.I have mobility and chronic pain issues with fibromyalgia, arthritis,spine problems etc.,so as much as I would love to see the Pyrenees I plan to start in Pamplona for a somewhat less challenging start. I would never forgive myself if I messed up my whole Camino right at the beginning by overdoing it.Hope to see you all there!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Some advice/thoughts...Give yourself more than enough time and then take your time. Its not a race. Be patient. Say Hola to the the locals and fellow peregrinos, its helps to keep the heart light and opens a door otherwise closed. Locals can be your biggest cheerleaders. Its your camino, no one else's, do it in a way that best works for you, and that may change from day to day. Keep a journal or email family/friends periodically about the journey. You are always outside your comfort zone...bring 1 lightweight thing that brings comfort...and embrace the discomfort. If going with friends, avoid the herd mentality and strike out on your own every now and then. Look back to see where you've been. And definitely try the octupus in Melide.

Buen camino

Thank you for such a thoughtful reply..I especially appreciate it today as I broke two toes and am very worried about how that will affect my walking,long term. I will be going alone, hoping to meet others along the Way, but primarily its a solitary trip and I look forward to many new opportunities for reflection and contemplation. If all goes well, I will be able to take enough time to walk slowly, enjoy the locals and my surroundings, and take rest days as I need them.There are going to be many prayers and crossed fingers between now and then!

Congratulations to all of you embarking on what should be a great adventure!

I walked out of SJPP on 29 Sept 2012, arrived SdC on 31 October. I took my first rest day there and luxuriated at the Seminario Major. Then I went off to walk the loop up to Muxia and returning down through Fisterra. I finally fit in a few more rest days on this trek, arriving back in SdC on 9 November.

Age (then) = 58.

Weather: Anything from full-on Summer through early Spring in terms of temps, precip and general "feel" of the air.

Gear: Pretty basic. I did make concessions to age and prior experience with hypothermia and so had a bit extra warmth and rain protection at the cost of about a kilo-and-a-half. (This was to prevent a life-threatening emergency in the event of a whiteout/snow in the Pyrenees, near Cruz de Ferro or O Cebreiro.) The sleeping bag was never needed in the albergues, for that I just used a silk sleep sack that I had treated with permethrin.

Foot care: As a mountain groupie in my youth, I remembered well having lots of trouble and knew it could end the trip if I was not careful. Check the postings here for foot care hints but I am firmly in the camp of:

a) lighter boots with ankle support (know different lacing patterns to help adjust fit & walking conditions)

b) Body Glide treatment every morning before putting on a lightweight liner sock followed by a mid-weight wool sock. I never had a single blister but... the moment I felt a hotspot in my boot, off came everything and I touched up my Body Glide treatment. (This did not happen much after the first week - I'm trainable!)

Food/Water: I started out carrying 2 liters of water. Over time, I worked that down to 1.25 to 1.5L. However, I had very few hot days - - for me, the meseta was a long slog across cool and wet... not the blazing oven I had been warned of. Grab some dried fruit, chocolate, a few teabags, packet of instant soup in SJPP and put away for "emergencies". Then keep it re-stocked as used. After a very few days, I expect you'll find that any colored vegetables are not much in evidence on the menu. You will always want a bit of fresh fruit or maybe a carrot, some olives etc for a snack or picnic lunch.

I wound up doing the experience by what I swore was "accident". I walked out the Porte Espagne with absolutely NO idea of what I was doing or why.

Beneficially, I had no expectations of people, places or things.

Yet,...

- The sunrises could be amazing.

- The Milky Way on a clear night could strike one with awe.

- I saw miracles every day... and I am not a big believer in them.

- My faith in people was greatly rejuvenated as many of the miracles I saw involved people sharing talents they did not even know they had and material goods were given freely when a need was apparent.

- The "solitary time" was healing - to a great degree. I had not looked for that.

In short, do not over-think it - it will be amazing.

Maybe I am just a "Fall person" but I cannot think of a better time to see it for the first time. (Yep - that means I'm going back... just don't know when yet.)

Let me know if you need more specific info. I'll be happy to share as time permits.

Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
crikey... I'm posting my first post which makes this all seem very very real! I'm planning to walk the Camino from St Jean to Santiago from the 15th September 2014. A friend who has completed the route pointed me in the direction of this forum!

I have so much to learn so I'll start by reading all the great advice on here and I'm sure we'll meet again :)

Simply B ... this is really good information . Thank You

simply B said:

I walked out of SJPP on 29 Sept 2012, arrived SdC on 31 October. I took my first rest day there and luxuriated at the Seminario Major. Then I went off to walk the loop up to Muxia and returning down through Fisterra. I finally fit in a few more rest days on this trek, arriving back in SdC on 9 November.

Age (then) = 58.

Weather: Anything from full-on Summer through early Spring in terms of temps, precip and general "feel" of the air.

Gear: Pretty basic. I did make concessions to age and prior experience with hypothermia and so had a bit extra warmth and rain protection at the cost of about a kilo-and-a-half. (This was to prevent a life-threatening emergency in the event of a whiteout/snow in the Pyrenees, near Cruz de Ferro or O Cebreiro.) The sleeping bag was never needed in the albergues, for that I just used a silk sleep sack that I had treated with permethrin.

Foot care: As a mountain groupie in my youth, I remembered well having lots of trouble and knew it could end the trip if I was not careful. Check the postings here for foot care hints but I am firmly in the camp of:

a) lighter boots with ankle support (know different lacing patterns to help adjust fit & walking conditions)

b) Body Glide treatment every morning before putting on a lightweight liner sock followed by a mid-weight wool sock. I never had a single blister but... the moment I felt a hotspot in my boot, off came everything and I touched up my Body Glide treatment. (This did not happen much after the first week - I'm trainable!)

Food/Water: I started out carrying 2 liters of water. Over time, I worked that down to 1.25 to 1.5L. However, I had very few hot days - - for me, the meseta was a long slog across cool and wet... not the blazing oven I had been warned of. Grab some dried fruit, chocolate, a few teabags, packet of instant soup in SJPP and put away for "emergencies". Then keep it re-stocked as used. After a very few days, I expect you'll find that any colored vegetables are not much in evidence on the menu. You will always want a bit of fresh fruit or maybe a carrot, some olives etc for a snack or picnic lunch.

I wound up doing the experience by what I swore was "accident". I walked out the Porte Espagne with absolutely NO idea of what I was doing or why.

Yet,...

- My faith in people was greatly rejuvenated as many of the miracles I saw involved people sharing talents they did not even know they had and material goods were given freely when a need was apparent.

- The "solitary time" was healing - to a great degree. I had not looked for that.

Maybe I am just a "Fall person" but I cannot think of a better time to see it for the first time. (Yep - that means I'm going back... just don't know when yet.)

Let me know if you need more specific info. I'll be happy to share as time permits.

Buen Camino!

So sorry but I have searched for the boot/shoe tying instructions and I cannot find it...so sorry again.
Thank you very much for all your help...BTW, I have Keen Boots Midrise
Countdown App...19 days till I leave for London then 29 till I start Camino...Come on Sept 10th!!!! :lol:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
refindingmypurpose said:
So sorry but I have searched for the boot/shoe tying instructions and I cannot find it...so sorry again.
Thank you very much for all your help...BTW, I have Keen Boots Midrise
Countdown App...19 days till I leave for London then 29 till I start Camino...Come on Sept 10th!!!! :lol:

this is a good site for lace tying methods: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

i tied my boots with the Knotted Segment Lacing method. loved it.

DeadFred said:
Simply B ... this is really good information . Thank You

simply B said:

Age (then) = 58.

Yet,...

Buen Camino!

I agree with deadfred! SimplyB, this is an Absolutely wonderful report. Thanks for piping in!

Refindingmypurpose- try You Tube for the lacing techniques. I just watched about 10 different videos last night. Who knew there were different ways to tie a shoe/boot?

I too will be walikning the end of September-October 2014. Not sure as yet how long I will be walking or what section but am trying to find away to do the whole Frances from SJPP to Santiago and maybe on to Finisterre As of now I will have approxiamately 20-25 walking days at my speed enough to do roughly 1/3.

I will be 64 when I start walking.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will be 59. Isn't this forum great!! I can't wait to go. Are you doing it on your own? We don't have a lot of time so we are starting in Leon.

Yes, I am walking on my own. I'm not sure yet where I will start. I am trying to figure some way I could have more time so I can walk the whole way. Asking for a miracle.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm a 45 year old woman who is currently completing a cardiac physiology degree. I graduate in 2014 and decided I wanted to walk the Camino Frances. I was firstly inspired by the film 'The Way' and now spend most of my days thinking about it.
Cheers

Hi Plum

Walking the Frances will start you from St. Jean... This means you will be going through the Pyrenees Mountain Range on your first day. This can be quite a challenge but don't let it discourage you. If you don't plan to stay in Orrison on your first night, make sure you bring lots of water and snack.

The Albergue in Roncesvalles has been renovated and it is quite nice and clean. Pack light and make sure you have good walking shoes. Make lots of friends and enjoy the countryside. Have fun, be safe.

Mabuhay!!!
Buen Camino

Congratulations to all. You have already started your camino frances from home. Just remember to take your time, start slow and take it easy. Don't try to overdo it at the beginning. I have seem many pilgrims injured while trying to go too fast. This is your camino, stop and have a rest when your feet are telling you to stop or your ankle is sore.

For the long distance pilgrims from north america, australia, and other continents, take a rest day before starting your camino to get over the jetlag.

I will be working again in santiago as a volunteer hospitalero in the month of sepember and hope to see some of you. Buen camino and god bless.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Congrats everyone who is planning to walk in the coming months/years. You are in for quite an experience! I'm a woman on the closer side of 62 than I'd like to admit and I just finished my solo Camino Frances. I've been writing about it, day by day, starting about 30 days out from my start at SJPdP to my finish in Santiago. Some of you are aware of my blog (I'm looking at you, SS), but, for the rest, if you're interested in some of the amazing adventures you may encounter along the way, plus info on packing, blisters, hiking poles, albergues, snoring, octopi, etc., you are welcome to give my blog a view. You can find it at:
http://kathyfootenotes.wordpress.com
I'd love to hear your comments and am truly excited for you all.
Kathy
PS - If you're wondering what octopi have to do with the Camino, well, I guess you'll just have to read about it :p

I'm not sure if your concern is about the weather or something else. I walked from SJPP to Logrono in September 2011 and it was marvelous. In 2012 I walked from Logrono to Santiago during July and it was cold and rained constantly for the last 10 days of my walk. This year between Porto and Finisterre during July the weather was marvelous. You never know, it's a roll of the dice just like the weather everywhere else in the world these days.:)

Cheers
You tube videos on what to pack on the Camino. I am starting on 7 Sept.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello to all-I just thought I'd reintroduce myself when I saw this thread. I will have just turned 58 when I arrive to walk my first Camino, hopefully in September 2014.I have mobility and chronic pain issues with fibromyalgia, arthritis,spine problems etc.,so as much as I would love to see the Pyrenees I plan to start in Pamplona for a somewhat less challenging start. I would never forgive myself if I messed up my whole Camino right at the beginning by overdoing it.Hope to see you all there!
SisterSimon, I will be doing the Pyrenees but you might see me along the route. Look for me if you need meds!

I'm a 45 year old woman......
I am 55 (woman).....
I will be 56 then, all going well...
Joe ( 67 )......
I will be 59.......
I will have just turned 58.....
I will be 64 when I start walking......
I'm also 56 and retired.....
Hey kids, LOL, I am amazed how you seem to worry about your age! Not that this makes me proud, but I did the CF last September just short of my 70th B-Day and very much enjoyed flirting with youngsters such as you (the females). Age, especially yours, is not an issue here, quite on the contrary, the Camino-experience will make you at least 10 years younger than your birth-certificate claims. Leave those wasted years behind you and start your new life: the "Camino-rebirth"
Wishing you a vigorous buen Camino and watch out (the girls amongst you): I just might decide to come after you.

Last edited by a moderator:

€46,-
Hey kids, LOL, I am amazed how you seem to worry about your age! Not that this makes me proud, but I did the CF last September just short of my 70th B-Day and very much enjoyed flirting with youngsters such as you (the females). Age, especially yours, is not an issue here, quite on the contrary, the Camino-experience will make you at least 10 years younger than your birth-certificate claims. Leave those wasted years behind you and start your new life: the "Camino-rebirth"
Wishing you a vigorous buen Camino and watch out (the girls amongst you): I just might decide to come after you.
Not worried about my age. I think my point was similar to yours. I'll turn 64 in August and while I have a few doubts as to whether I'm up to the challenge or not but they aren't about my age. I am way too young to be old!

I am a 71 year old man. I will start my Camino on August 31st. I started thinking about walking the Camino last fall, 2013. I thought if I gave myself enough time I would talk myself out of it! No such luck!! I am so excited about going that I wish I had rearranged my schedule to go in the spring instead of the fall!

€46,-
I am walking the Camino Frances. I arrive in Madrid on 8/30. Reservations in St. Jean that night. Orris son the nectar night. I hope 2 days will take care of the jet lag and I'll start my Camino for real on 9/1.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I arrive in SJPP on Sept 1, but start stage 1 on the 3rd, I thought it might help the jet lag. Also it might be nice to explore St. Jean.

At 69 I'll top most of you sweet young things. ;) I'm starting from Pamplona around the 1st of September, so will look out for your familiar faces - I'm sure most of you will be passing me! :eek:

I arrive in SJPP on Sept 1, but start stage 1 on the 3rd, I thought it might help the jet lag. Also it might be nice to explore St. Jean.
Hi kColeen
My two friends and myself will be starting on the 3rd also. Look forward to meeting you. We are from CA and really starting to get excited!! We will be the ladies with 2 aqua and 1 purple backpacks. I am sure we will meet up at some point! Buen Camino
Deborah, Sheila and Donna

My backpack is a osprey 35 Litre blue, with a little grey. I have very short hair and 5ft tall. I'm staying at L esprit de chemin. Now called the (Beilari). Hope to meet you.

Cheers
I saw the movie after walking on the Camino and the movie struck me as surprisingly faithful to the experience ( excepting the petty thievery).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My backpack is a osprey 35 Litre blue, with a little grey. I have very short hair and 5ft tall. I'm staying at L esprit de chemin. Now called the (Beilari). Hope to meet you.
That's where we are staying the 3rd!
See you there!
Deborah

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am. I leave Santiago on October 6th. I have a reservation in Leon , Sept. 21 and 22nd. I meet up with 4 friends on Sept. 29 in Sierra.

H
Cheers
Hey, i am planning on start the walk at a similar time, around 20th sept, really looking forward to is and hope to complete in 30 days. So should be good. I will see what others post you your message so i don't ask the same question twice,

Hi, I am walking with my brother from SJDP on the 7th... Staying first night at Orisson ,already reserved the night there, I did not want to be disappointed to arrive and find out that they have no room. We also want to take the first couple of days slow. Ease into the walk. September just cannot come fast enough for me..
Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
H

Hey, i am planning on start the walk at a similar time, around 20th sept, really looking forward to is and hope to complete in 30 days. So should be good. I will see what others post you your message so i don't ask the same question twice,
Welcome Chris, this is a wonderful forum. Use the "search" to find an answer to almost any question you might have - or just ask away because most of us are more than willing to share what we have experienced/learned on the Camino. Buen Camino!

Hi, I am walking with my brother from SJDP on the 7th... Staying first night at Orisson ,already reserved the night there, I did not want to be disappointed to arrive and find out that they have no room. We also want to take the first couple of days slow. Ease into the walk. September just cannot come fast enough for me..
Buen camino

I'll be one day behind you! Hope to see you along the way.

Buen Camino!

Fr. Moses

Yes that would be great . I live in Canada Vancouver and my brother lives in Sydney Australia .. It will be great for both of us to meet and do the walk . I am a slow walker so I am sure you will catch up ..

€60,-
Hi, I'm Chris and will be doing my first Camino this year, beginning September 12 at SJDP. I've booked that night and the following at Orisson. Am getting very excited ..... the odd pang of nerves but am feeling very positive. Just hope it lasts !!
Hopefully I will meet a few of you along the path.

Hi, I'm Chris and will be doing my first Camino this year, beginning September 12 at SJDP. I've booked that night and the following at Orisson. Am getting very excited ..... the odd pang of nerves but am feeling very positive. Just hope it lasts !!
Good luck Chris. Safe journey. Buen camino

€46,-
We leave st jean on the 6th sept walk to orisson then back to sj for the night then shuttle bus back up on the 7th. We will be walking slowly so will prob see you. 60+ Aussies buen camino

Hi chris,
My husband and I are also leaving on the 12 th to spend the night in Orisson. Go to the post September 2014 peregrinos and ask dead frex to get you on our calendar. Looking forward to meeting you.
Linda

Sorry Chris, that is Dead Fred

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
* Sept Camino Starts (plus a couple August tossed in for good luck)
:)
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife
August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso
September 1st Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 3rd Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 ,Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, [URL='http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/members/katies-dad.37034/']Katies Dad(Leon)[/URL]
September 5th Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG(Lisboa), Calideb2014
September 6th Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge
September 8th –Empty
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi, mferrara
September 10th -Empty
September 11th –Empty
September 12th PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, Christine law
September 13th LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586
September 14th Walking Man 06, RogerM
September 15th Janet Ellen
September 16th Jabaldo
September 17th- Zarniwoop
September 18th –Empty
September 19th Holly
September 20th Jamie Archer, AnnieY, Chris from Chester UK
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th - Empty
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M ,organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th thru 29th -Empty
September 30th -Lockslay

Hi SisterSimon. I'm also starting my walk mid Sept. 2014 a my flight arrives in Pamplona

. . gremlins must be in my laptop. message was sent before I finished. Anyways I'm spending my first nite in Pamplona at Hemingway Hostel and wondering where you'll be staying.

Chris, I will be starting sept 17th. Hopefully we will cross paths. Jessica

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Updated .. also from another Sept 14 list http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-4#post-221273

* Sept Camino Starts (plus a couple August tossed in for good luck)
:)
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife
August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd- Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 3rd-Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86
September 6th -Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge,Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 9th -Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th -PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen,
September 16th -Jabaldo
September 17th-- Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
September 18th- Marilyn Russell
September 19th- Holly
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M ,organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th -michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee

And a couple Octobers too .

Last edited:
DeadFred thanks for putting together the Sept Starters. Actually I arrive in Pamplona on Sept. 17th and will start my walk on the 18th.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back