• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Intro & Plans for Oct 7th (2013) - Camino Frances

Consigliere

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2013, April 2018, October 2023
Hi All,

I'm new to this Forum & looking forward to my Camino in October (Solo). I'm Australian (from Melbourne) & just turned 40. Crested the hill so to speak :)

Booked my tickets today & decided to see if anyone had any plans to start their Camino around the same time? (Oct 7th 2013 approx.) Way of Frances.

Hoping we can get to know a few fellow pilgrims that we'll be sharing the trail with. Share thoughts, ideas, fears... Looking forward to the inner & outer journey.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Wishing you a great Camino, I too am from Melbourne and will be departing on Tue for my 4th Camino. I hope that your first camino is as special as mine was for me.

Hopefully the late summer will arrive in time for your Camino, because it doesn't look promising for mine.

Buen Camino

Frank

Thanks Frank,

Really appreciate the reply - and thanks for making me feel welcome.

Hope the weather shines for you - late seasons tend to be a trend these days.

Bon Camino,
James

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Thanks Jenny - I'm a reasonably seasoned walker - 'but don't quote me'. Hope to cross paths on the trail some time. Enjoy your pilgrimage and all the best for your daughter & yourself.

Bon Camino!

Hi James! My husband and I are starting from Pamplona on October 5th. I'm a bit nervous since October seems to be a quieter month, and I'm still at a total loss about what to bring since the weather seems to be all over the place in October, but I'm incredibly excited. Hope to cross paths with you at some point!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Thanks, I'll have a couple of days head start but I'm in no rush. Catch you on on the road! Looking forward to it actually... Slowly getting more 'excited'.

Hi All! It seems like we have a few Australians starting a few days apart in October [ I'm starting 5 October from SJPdP].

Hope to catch up!

Alex

From the look of it we may all run into each other... Any way we see it I'm sure we'll find companions open to the pilgrimage. To share a little with.

A blessed and good Camino for all. Good to see like minded souls.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
After a trail hike with a 20 pound pack I have realized I need to carny much less--my last back packing trip was over 20 years ago and i could carry 3 times that weight but alas I was also 40 years old!

After a trail hike with a 20 pound pack I have realized I need to carny much less--my last back packing trip was over 20 years ago and i could carry 3 times that weight but alas I was also 40 years old!
I'm more concerned with the emotional baggage I sometimes carry :)

All good, one of the bonuses of hiking for many years is the silly need to go ultralite with all my gear. I just hope I'll be warm enough :)

that is also my concern--what should I absolutely take--I would hate to get to the top of a mountain in November and not have the right equipment.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
that is also my concern--what should I absolutely take--I would hate to get to the top of a mountain in November and not have the right equipment.
You could always avoid the mountains if your not "prepared". Or have faith in those you walk with. Without these unplanned obstacles what would life be like? Research if your still uncomfortable...

I used to live in Alaska and so I know how tricky mountain weather can be--I would rather be prepared than not--hypothermia is not a good traveling companion.

Hi All,

I'm new to this Forum & looking forward to my Camino in October (Solo). I'm Australian (from Melbourne) & just turned 40. Crested the hill so to speak :)

Booked my tickets today & decided to see if anyone had any plans to start their Camino around the same time? (Oct 7th 2013 approx.) Way of Frances.

Hoping we can get to know a few fellow pilgrims that we'll be sharing the trail with. Share thoughts, ideas, fears... Looking forward to the inner & outer journey.

So ate you starting in St Jean? I will be a day behind you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So ate you starting in St Jean? I will be a day behind you.
That I am. If its any consolation I've had hypothermia before and know the emotional toll it plays.

As far as I'm aware it won't reach anywhere near as cold as that - and there are many places to stop at if the weather makes our journey difficult.

I started a thread regarding what we'd like to leave behind.

My journey, I hope & pray, is about leaving behind hurts, past pain, forgiving those I haven't had the strength too, & finally healing - leaving behind these hurts.

But I also hope I can be there to listen & support other pilgrims who feel its their journey to share that which, as yet, they can't "leave behind". As it is is support for nurturing our soul that we share. Hopefully the Camino shares this spirit. Hope this makes sense & feels right.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back