• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introducing myself!

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Forum Members -- My name is Liz. I live in North Idaho. My husband and I are planning to walk the Camino Frances in April 2013. I am a law professor and he is a high school math teacher. We will be on sabbatical at the time.

My daughter walked the Camino in May of 2009 with a group from her College. That was the first I had ever heard of the Camino. Her life was changed and she convinced us that we should walk. For me, the walk will be not only a spiritual journey but a celebration of my new life -- I recently have lost 150 lbs. When my daughter walked in 2009, I couldn't not have considered walking myself. Now the walk will be my celebration and solemn commitment to continue living a healthy and active life!

I am looking forward to leavning about the journey from all of you.

Liz

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Liz

A co incidence maybe

My wife Catherine and I walked the CF in may 2009 and we now are planning to do it again in April 2013. Hope we meet up with each other along the way next year. Like your daughter it changed our values and is in our thoughts every day since. We can't wait until we roll into SJDP train station again and take the first steps once again. You have made a great decision. The planning is all part of this great adventure.
Ian

Wow Liz - Congratulations! And what a great way to celebrate such a significant achievement. I will be on the camino in the spring of 2013 as well but will be starting in Le Puy in April so will be a few weeks behind you. As you read through various days of the forum you will notice that many people have decided to make the walk to mark a special event in their lives - sometimes a happy one to celebrate like yours and sometimes a sad one to honour- such as the passing of a loved one. But the camino sticks to many of us as it seems to have done to your daughter, maybe because for most it is also a spiritual journey of one kind or another whether we intended it to be that way or not.

Big congratulations on your new life changes. That was no simple task. I hope walking the camino is everything and more that you are hoping for and that your daughter is wanting you to experience.
Buen camino
Cecelia (Canada)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.