Search 69,459 Camino Questions

INVIERNO - albergue recommendations needed

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I’ll be coming back here for each section, but tomorrow I'm arriving in Las Medulas so that’s my immediate need. But please send me recommendations for each segment :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’ll be coming back here for each section, but tomorrow I'm arriving in Las Medulas so that’s my immediate need. But please send me recommendations for each segment :)
There aren’t many Albergues on the Invierno. The best one is the one you find.
Try here for all accommodation info:

I moved your thread to the Invierno sub-forum, and you can see a bunch of recent live reports if you scroll through the list of posts. Most include information on accommodations. As Tinca says, there are not tons of albergues on the Invierno. But there are many more than there were a few years ago.

In Las Médulas, I have stayed several times in Agoga, and I like it very much. You should do some searching here, and also try the Wise Pilgrim app, because Wise Pilgrim took our crowd-sourced forum guide and put it on an app.

There are no fixed “segments” on the Invierno, so where you stay will very much depend on your walking tastes. From Las Médulas, you could go to Sobradelo (short), Barco (medium), Villamartín (medium long) or A Rúa (long), so let us know!

Buen camino and hope you have a wonderful Invierno. There are a lot of forum members who are very big Invierno fans!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I used Gronze exclusively to find accommodations this May.

Sometimes there are not many options. (like one)
These are the places where I stayed.
I walked short days.

1. Villavieja 16 (Municipal Albergue) - Amazing!!
  2. Las Medulas 12 (Hotel Medulo) OK
  3. Sobradelo 19 (Bar Mar) OK
  4. A Rua 20 (Hostal Niza) Nice, lovely host
  5. Solden 19 (appartment) Nice, no food in village, order via host
  6. A Labrada 22 (Pension Pacita) Great
  7. Monforte 20 (Hotel Cardinal) Nice
  8. Vilarino 19 (Casa Rural Torre Vilarino) Great, lovely hosts
  9. Penasillas 22 (Hotel Vilaseco - 2kms before village) ALBERGUE upstairs, single beds.
  10. Rodeiro 17 (Hostal Carpanteiras Nice ALBERGUE)
  11. lalin 22 (Hotel Pontinas) OK, good food
  12. Bandeira 22 (Victorino Hotel) Nice hosts, good food
  13. Lestado 20 (Rural Hotel Casa de Casal) Great, lovely host and food
  14. Santiago 14
An amazing Camino. Enjoy every step :)

Last edited:
I popped into Agoga this morning and they couldn't have been nice and more welcoming, especially considering i wasn't a guest. Made me sorry i wasn't there overnight but it was too long a stage for me. I was in Villavieja Albergue last night - echo previous reports, absolutely fabulous place but of course need to arrange in advance and being food. Tonight I'm in Casa Rosa Albergue further on in Puente Domingo Florez and it seems really nice. Bit long for a first stage and it is HOT out there
Buen camino and maybe see you on the way!

P.S. I've found wise pilgrim, the thread on this forum for stages <25km (super) and gronze all very useful.

My experience late April 2023.
Las Medulas - Socorro B&B (nice family)
Sobradelo - Casa Mar Albq (very helpful)
WARNING - If taking Brierly's green route from O Barco, the bridge at Penouta was closed in April, but just follow road and cross dam at Valencia do Sil
A Rua de Valdeorras - Casa da Solaina (Brierley guide says Albq closed but he still accepts Pilgrims and good room)
Quiroga - Municipal Albq (massive, souless but a bed)
Montforte de Lemos - Puento Romano Hostel (not brilliant, butnice location)
Chantada - A Pousa do Asma (Good value, free laundry)
Rodeiro - Carpinteiras Albq (V good and not far off main route)
Lalin - Pension Las Palmeras (OK but lots of choice - Pilgrim office in centre very helpful and lovely wax sello)
Silleda - Santa Olaia Albq ( OK but old school building)
Outeiro - Xunta Alberque (Usual good modern standard. Walk upto Pico Sacro well worth it in afternoon)
Hope your journey goes well and I enjoyed this route into Santaigo so much more than the Frances the previous year.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Do a search for Camino Mixto Invierno and hopefully you will get my Live from the Camino thread. I try to give lots of details about accommodation options.

I was in Villavieja Albergue last night - echo previous reports, absolutely fabulous place but of course need to arrange in advance and being food.
How do you arrange to stay in that albergue? Can you WhatsApp them? Or is it aphone number/email?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.
We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...
Peñalba de Santiago with its 10C untouched Mozarabic church and its traditional stone houses with slate roofs and dark wooden balconies is a real gem (and don’t forget the hermit cave of San...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back