This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Invierno in the "wrong" direction

W

Walter1407

Has anyone walked the Invierno from Santiago to Ponferrada? Are the route markers helpful in this direction? What kind of map material is recommended? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone walked the Invierno from Santiago to Ponferrada? Are the route markers helpful in this direction? What kind of map material is recommended? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.
Hola, Walter,

I walked Invierno last year but in "right" direction so can't really help you with info in full scale. I posted my diary with photos and GPS tracks which might be handy if walking in opposite direction: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-camino-de-invierno-july-2014.25355/
In post #12 you can also find some links that were helpful while planning this Camino. Sometimes I took slightly different route than the official one. When and where is explained in posts. Marking is adequate, even more, I was quite surprised how good, but usually you don't see arrows coming from opposite direction. It's easier with wooden boards and granite mojones. Some parts might be tricky and others are very easy to navigate even in "wrong" direction, like just follow the Rio Sil down below in the valley.

Ultreia!

I walked part of the Portuguese Coastal route "backwards," a pretty straightforward route, and I managed to get lost several times. The Invierno is tricky in parts. I would not attempt it backward, and I know it pretty well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum