• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish on first tour

Patsy

Hi everyone.
I am starting the camino on the 24th of june. Not long now. I'm starting from SJPDP and this is my first time. Very excited/nervous but can't wait either. I was going alone but when my work mates heard a few have decided to join me.
I have found this site only yesterday and I'm like a child in a sweet shop. I don't know where to look first but I'm jumping from topic to topic. I think I might be a bit niave about this trip but at least now I have an idea what to pack.
I hope to see and meet lots of interesting people.

Bien Camino,
Patsy :wink:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Patsy,

I'm sure all will go well for you & your mates.
Do you intend to walk the entire route this year.
There's a wealth of information & interesting nuggets on this website thanks to Ivar and many consistent contributors. You too will begin to contribute; in fact you've done it already.
On my first outing last year I got to Santo Domingo.
I think I'll be a little bit ahead of you this year, as I start in Santo Domingo on Monday 30th June (maybe as late as 7pm).

Buen Camino

Brian ( Up Louth )

Patsy (and Brian),

Glad to hear of more Irish people doin' the Camino. I'm starting in SJPdP on Sept 9th. I've left myself what I think will be plenty of time (6 weeks) to get to Santiago. Probably go on to Finisterre if I don't use all my time wandering off the path on the way to Santiago.

Am in the UK at the moment but wil be returning to Cork before I start out. Planning to get my pilgrims passport from the Irish Confraternity and hopfully make a trip to St. James Gate to get it stamped.

Best of luck to everyone making the trip.

Kieran (Corcaigh Abu :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone.
Thanks for all your helpful advice and words of encouragement. I'm not doing the full walk this year. only doing 5/6 days walking. Hoping to get as far as Estella. No real pressure though. This is my first walk every, so i'll see how far. Just doing it for the experience. Will be back again next year or sooner.

Take care,
Patsy (Cork man as well)

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back