A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Is the albergue in the ruins at San Anton open?

Camino(s) past & future
From Pamplona to Burgos in 2012, SJPP - Finisterre in 2013, planning another for 2014 and every year after!
I've tried to stay over several Caminos but either I've missed it or it hasn't been open. Is it open yet? I'm almost there and I'm trying to figure out my timing.

Advertisment

Saint Mike II

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
Hola @TaraUltreia I have by-passed this lovely spot twice- it just did not fit with my timetable. I think it should have opened either April 1st or May 1st. If you PM @Rebekah Scott she should be able to confirm details. Buen Camino;)

Robo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
Alone.
------------------------------
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
with my wife Pat.
------------------------------
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
together again :-)
Yes it's open. Dropped in to say Hi a couple of days ago.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Hola @TaraUltreia I have by-passed this lovely spot twice- it just did not fit with my timetable. I think it should have opened either April 1st or May 1st. If you PM @Rebekah Scott she should be able to confirm details. Buen Camino;)
Rebekah (along with Robert Mullen) wrote a very informative small booklet about the history of the Convento de San Antón. I think it may have been a limited run, but if anyone is interested in reading about this magical place, you could p.m. her regarding availability.

Saint Mike II

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
Rebekah (along with Robert Mullen) wrote a very informative small booklet about the history of the Convento de San Antón. I think it may have been a limited run, but if anyone is interested in reading about this magical place, you could p.m. her regarding availability.
Hola @jmcarp;
Yes it was a limited run - if you donated to the cost of beds & mattresses a few years back a copy of the booklet was your reward. I often re-read mine.

Advertisment

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.6%
  • June