• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinerary for 14 day trip

msmasri

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2015
Hello.
I'm looking for a good 14 day itinerary that ideally starts in St. Jean. Below are some other questions too.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for a 14-day itinerary? I would prefer not to walk too fast since the point will be to walk and be contemplative.
2) I was also wondering if I don't start at the beginning of the pilgrimage in St. Jean is there a better place to start for the two weeks?
3) Has anyone had any difficulties traveling as a single woman? I've never done a trip like this before so am a bit nervous but would really like to try it. Not sure if going on my own is better than booking an agency to make all of the arrangements. Any thoughts?
thank you!
Sincerely,
M

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello.
I'm looking for a good 14 day itinerary that ideally starts in St. Jean. Below are some other questions too.
1) Does anyone have any recommendations for a 14-day itinerary? I would prefer not to walk too fast since the point will be to walk and be contemplative.
2) I was also wondering if I don't start at the beginning of the pilgrimage in St. Jean is there a better place to start for the two weeks?

If you were going to start in St Jean you could probably make it to Burgos in two weeks. I made it from St Jean to Burgos in 13 days, but this did include some longer days of walking. My itinerary was St Jean-Orisson (10km); Orisson-Roncesvalles (15km); Roncesvalles-Zubiri (22km); Zubiri-Pamplona (22km); Pamplona-Puente la Reina (21km); Puenta la Reina-Estella (22km); Estella-Los Arcos (21km); Los Arcos-Logrono (28km); Logrono-Najera (30km); Najera-Santo Domingo de la Calzada (21km); Santo Domingo de la Calzada-Belorado (23km); Belorado-San Juan de Ortega (24km); San Juan de Ortega-Burgos (25km).

If you wanted to make it Burgos, but wanted to get there at a more leisurely pace, you could choose to start at Roncesvalles or maybe even Pamplona instead - plenty of people do that. It depends on how far you would like to get in 14 days. You could start in St Jean and make it to Logrono quite comfortably in two weeks.

Hello.

3) Has anyone had any difficulties traveling as a single woman? I've never done a trip like this before so am a bit nervous but would really like to try it. Not sure if going on my own is better than booking an agency to make all of the arrangements. Any thoughts?
thank you!
Sincerely,
M
As Adhemar 78 stated , there some great options . Wish you a great time and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello @msmasri, welcome to the forum.

As @Adhemar78 suggested, St Jean to Burgos could be the basis of a simple plan. You may not make it all the way to Burgos, but you'll get to somewhere that has an easy bus or taxi connection to Burgos. If you prefer to walk at a slower pace, starting in Roncesvalles will increase the likelihood of you reaching Burgos.

Another option is to walk from Leon to Santiago.

You'll be fine as a solo traveller. And there's definitely no need to use an agency - you'll get all the help you need on this forum.

Buen Camino.

Nuala

Something different..
Walk the caminho Português from Porto.. 250 kms, 14 days ., lovely helpfull people , safe for walking alone as a female ,beautiful landscapes, best food ,great winesand at the end a Compostela document in Santiago. Highly recommendated.
Bom caminho

All information about it on this forum !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
An alternate option would be the Portuguese Camino starting in Porto or Barcelos , apart from the first days walk from the outskirts of Port this route is very picturesque and arrival in Santiago within two weeks is very do-able, you may even have time to bus to Finisterre. It isn't as busy as the French Camino but just as enjoyable.

An alternate option would be the Portuguese Camino starting in Porto or Barcelos , apart from the first days walk from the outskirts of Port this route is very picturesque and arrival in Santiago within two weeks is very do-able, you may even have time to bus to Finisterre. It isn't as busy as the French Camino but just as enjoyable.
There is a beautiful detour beginning in the center Porto, following the Douro river to the Atlantic ocean .follow the ocean all the way via Matosinhos to Vila do Conde and head from there inland to São Pedro de Rates and Barcelos . not necessairy to walk out of Porto through the busy infrastructure. Every day somebody posts something about the coastal detour on the Portuguese forum.

Hi,
I did the last 100k in 2014 and as a solo female I did not encounter any problems.
I enjoyed the freedom of solo walking and also enjoyed meeting up with other pilgrims at the end of each day.
This year I've planned a two week walk starting at St JPdeP & finishing in Fromista.
I've used John Brierly's pilgrim's guide book to plan the stages as I found it very good last year.
While I had intended carrying my backpack I think I will send it on ahead for the first two days, and will play it by ear after that.
Have a great Camino,
Cheers, Ros.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I've used John Brierly's pilgrim's guide book to plan the stages as I found it very good last year.
Cheers, Ros.

I found that guide very good in planning my Camino, it is a good predictor of what places will be overcrowded

Hello.

thank you!
Sincerely,
M
Sahagún might be an option. You'll be fine alone if you do some homework before you start. Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Pamplona to Burgos make travel connections very easy, plus it's a lovely stretch.
Madrid to Sahagun
Oviedo to Santiago

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back