• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Google's AI created itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFHoneybee

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2033
Hello everyone-
I’m planning a trip for this October,2023.
I am just getting started. I decided to “ask Google’s AI (artificial intelligence bot named BARD)- to prepare me a 6 day route- it gave me this… I’m not sure how to plan a route.. so I’m open to Ideas, Suggestions and Changes- thx!

Day 1: Sarri to Puente la Reina

Day 2: Puente la Reina to Belorado

Day 3: Belorado to Arcas de Valdespina

Day 4: Arcas de Valdespina to Nájera

Day 5: Nájera to Logroño

Day 6: Logroño to Santiago de Compostela

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Day 1: Sarria to Puente la Reina
This stage runs from West to East: about 564 km. It's gonna be a long day.

Right direction: from East to West, 137 km. Still a long day.

This runs from East to West. Sounds good, only Valdespina is not on the Camino Frances. But pretty close: it's about 16 km. south of Frómista. Belorado to Frómista: 110 km. Then 16 km. to Valdespina.

In the morning first 16 km. back to Frómista to continue on the Frances. Then from Frómista to Nájera: back to where you came from, since this runs from West to East, a stage of about 155 km.

And again a bit further away from Santiago, since this runs from West to East. But at least it's a doable distance for one day: 16,6 km.

What a finish: in the right direction again (East to West), for a glorious stage of 600 km.

If you'd like a second opinion, try the planning tool of Godesalco:

Happy planning!
;)

Welcome, @SFHoneybee. Nice try …

May I suggest that you ask Google AI BARD how to buy a guidebook? Perhaps even feed it the helpful information to look for it in the forum shop?

Buen Camino …. ☺️.
Done.
I have already bought the Camino Book from Ivar... its being shipped to me now...but probably wont arrive for a few weeks since its travelling by Post internationally.
Thank you for your feedback.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Day 1: Sarria to Puente la Reina
This stage runs from West to East: about 564 km. It's gonna be a long day.

Right direction: from East to West, 137 km. Still a long day.

This runs from East to West. Sounds good, only Valdespina is not on the Camino Frances. But pretty close: it's about 16 km. south of Frómista. Belorado to Frómista: 110 km. Then 16 km. to Valdespina.

In the morning first 16 km. back to Frómista to continue on the Frances. Then from Frómista to Nájera: back to where you came from, since this runs from West to East, a stage of about 155 km.

And again a bit further away from Santiago, since this runs from West to East. But at least it's a doable distance for one day: 16,6 km.

What a finish: in the right direction again (East to West), for a glorious stage of 600 km.

If you'd like a second opinion, try the planning tool of Godesalco:

Happy planning!
;)
THIS was exactly the feedback I needed. I'm new here. I haven't recognized all the individual city names. I'm clearly not wanting to do 100km days-- hahaha! Thank you...👌 yes.. it's looking like a pretty crazy route right now...I'm glad YOU 👀 saw "how far off the map this route was..." 🤣

Let me see how I can "close" this topic... or I should leave it open.. its good for a laugh...😂

Let me see how I can "close" this topic... or I should leave it open.. its good for a laugh...😂
I myself am so bored of seeing samples from AI on the forum that I can’t even be bothered to check for myself how these samples have been fabricated. GIGA - garbage in garbage out - was one thought that crossed my mind, don’t feed the troll was another one. But ok, if it’s for meant to be fun and entertainment … 😶

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back