• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinerary Scrutiny Please!!

Time of past OR future Camino
CDN, Primitivo, Sanabrés, Portugués, Ruta do Mar,
Would you be willing to give me your opinion on my itinerary for Camino Portugués the coastal route? I am doing this in the middle of March this year with 3 girlfriends and want to ensure that it's enjoyable for all of us:) Does it look doable and correct to you? As always, I truly value your input. Thanks in advance for your help:D

Porto - From Matosinhos
26 km
Póvoa de Varzim
20.5 km
Esposende
25 km
Viana do Castelo
24 km
Caminha
19.5 km
Viladesuso
22 km
Nigrán
17 km
Vigo
16.3 km
Redondela
20 km
Pontevedra
23 km
Caldas das Reis
20 km
Padrón
25 km
Santiago de Compostela

Ultreïa,

Mary

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes it is very doable. I would recommend taking this itinerary with you. The first day you start to walk leave it at the restaurant after you have your coffee. Start walking and then start to you all need to begin to listen closely to your body. Walk when it tells you to walk, rest when it tells you to rest and stop for the night when it tells you to stop. It really isn't that hard to do. Just throw out your preconceived notions of how far you think you can walk and how much pain you can endure and just listen to what your body tells you. You may walk shorter distances at first, longer distances later. You may end up following your itinerary, or hopefully you will soon stop caring, and start just walking and loving every step. Because all you have in life is the step you are taking. Walk your own Camino, it is not really a group activity IMO. Together we walk alone.

Thanks It56ny! I love your way of thinking, and it makes perfect sense:) You are right, the most important thing is to gauge yourself because only you know how you feel! And I know for a fact that I want to enjoy my walk and not be in pain wishing my journey away because I want to get to the finish line fast!
My past experiences have been all positive, on this occasion my hesitation just stems from having had recent knee and foot surgery, but yes, loving every step of the way is what I want, so your advice is sound and I will remember it along my camino! Thank you so much!!
Ultreïa!
Mary

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back