• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's Today!!! Gratitude!

Griffin57

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
October 2013 StJPdP to Burgos
September 2014 Burgos to SdC
Setember 2015 StJPdP to Burgos
Woke at 4am like a child on Christmas morning! After years of wishing, months of planning, weeks of training The day has finally arrived when I leave for London to catch flight to Biarritz early tomorrow and by Sunday evening I hope to be in Spain!
I wish to express tremendous gratitude to all the wonderful, generous pilgrims who donate their time to help the 'newbies' both on the Forum and on the Camino. If I had to choose just one word to represent my reason for walking the Camino I would choose 'Gratitude'. For my able body, my enquiring mind, my wonderful family and my Heavenly Father who has called me to this great adventure.
I'm still a little trepidatious about my ability to get to Roncevalles in one day but will just concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other. After all we can only take one step at a time. The butterflies in my tummy feel about the size of bats at times but I'm sure they will settle once I'm actually there?
Thanks again to Ivar for the forum and all who contribute, my journey will be all the better for the wise words I've been able to read here.
Ultreia, Sarah.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Your time has come, Sarah. Extremely happy for you and wish you all the best on your journey. May every step bring to you what you need and take from you what you don't.

I think "gratitude" is the perfect way to approach each day on the Camino. Such a nice time for prayer, reflection, contemplation and meeting the most beautiful people in the world.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you Simeon!

Woke at 4am like a child on Christmas morning! After years of wishing, months of planning, weeks of training The day has finally arrived when I leave for London to catch flight to Biarritz early tomorrow and by Sunday evening I hope to be in Spain!
I wish to express tremendous gratitude to all the wonderful, generous pilgrims who donate their time to help the 'newbies' both on the Forum and on the Camino. If I had to choose just one word to represent my reason for walking the Camino I would choose 'Gratitude'. For my able body, my enquiring mind, my wonderful family and my Heavenly Father who has called me to this great adventure.
I'm still a little trepidatious about my ability to get to Roncevalles in one day but will just concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other. After all we can only take one step at a time. The butterflies in my tummy feel about the size of bats at times but I'm sure they will settle once I'm actually there?
Thanks again to Ivar for the forum and all who contribute, my journey will be all the better for the wise words I've been able to read here.
Ultreia, Sarah.

So excited for you Sarah! Have a safe and blessed trip.
Buen Camino!
Karen :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is nothing like the 'Camino giddies' so enjoy those hours and minutes leading up to that very first step 'on to the road' -savour every moment.
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Eucharisteo (which is all about being grateful/thankful) has been my word for the past two years. I even embroidered it onto a skirt I made to be a constant reminder. It is a wonderful word to take with you as you journey in Spain and life. May you learn it deeply.

Thank you everyone! I'm even more grateful now for all your good wishes x

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sara-- BUEN CAMINO!

Gloves and vaseline. ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino! I wish I were so close to going back!

Most probably you'll begin your walk in a few minutes :)

Ultreia!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
So I actually started! Still like a giddy kid! Had a beautiful beginning at L'Espirit du Chemin on their very special closing night! Despite a 9 hour trek to Roncevalles and a 7 hour day today still feel amazed to actually doing this. The scenery is so gorgeous! In a wonderful Albergue tonight El palo de Avellano in Zubiri, 5 course meal plus wine for 12 euros lovely clean well organised place strongly recommended by a new friend I'm walking with who stayed at Larrasoana last year and would never again! still feels like a wonderful dream. I even met Olafia_Lar from the forum shared a meal tonight fabulous company as well as food. Buen Camino to all those starting soon!
Sarah

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
hi sarah,

enjoy your camino and keep warm. god bless.

hi sarah,

enjoy your camino and keep warm. god bless.
Thanks Piogaw but it's as hot as summer!!! 28-30 degrees today got a bit of sunburn on the way to Alto de Perdon SO beautiful the walk there. I feel truly blessed great weather but without the crowds.
Sarah

Most read last week in this forum

I've just read this article from La Voz de Galicia. A Camino guide and frequent pilgrim with over 30 years of Camino experience calling for some greater regulation of numbers - at least on the...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hello, two weeks ago, I finished the Camino Francés, and while all the recent memories have not properly settled yet, I think enough time has passed to write a bit about my experience of the...
Can anyone give me (newbie!) some guidance on planning my stages after Roncesvalles? I currently have lodging booked Zubiri, Pamplona and then Puente la Reine, and on from there. I would prefer...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back