• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

June 2012

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all!

I'm planning on walking from Le Puy to SJPP in June 2012. What's the weather like that time of year?

Also, are there many stray dogs roaming around? I encountered a few along the Camino Frances, which feaked me out! lol

Many thanks and all the best
Sonia
:arrow:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From Le Puy to Cahors in September 2010, I passed a few dogs. None were in the road or obstructing my way; all were dutifully guarding their own farms or turf. In one hamlet, when I had inadvertently wandered off the marked track, I walked past a pickup truck with a camper shell, and two dogs jumped out, barking. I just kept walking out of town and they lost interest.

I'm not sure what the weather in June is, but from Le Puy to Conques you are at some altitude, so expect the nights to be cooler.

Hi Sonia.. I can't help you yet.. but am setting out in 3 weeks for a June pilgrimage. I will try and post afterwards. Or you can check my blog. I am really hoping that kitsamber is right and the nights won't be too hot though!
Kay

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I encountered a couple of hostile dogs along the Le Puy route, all ankle biters rather than big dogs. "The usual techniques" worked just fine. One required walking backward for a minute while keeping my trekking poles between the dog and me. Dogs seemed to be better restrained in Spain.

Thanks all for you input as always it's greatly appreciated... :D

kaylfrazer all the best for your Camino. I look forward reading your blog posts.Take care and enjoy!

Love and smiles
Sonia

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi TravellingSonn. A friend of ours walked the Le Puy route in October last year and was bitten by a dog. However, that didn't stop her walk - an acorn did! She broke her ankle after treading on one.
Use your stick and maybe a whistle that others have suggested taking to keep the hounds at bay.
Sharon

Hello TravellingSonn,

We do the same route by bike in june this year. We start from Belgium and are biking to Compostela. Maybe we meet somewhere along the road.........
Buen Camino

Frank and Geert

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi, newish pilgrim here, 20, Irish, I completed the Ingles last year and absolutely loved it, and am now setting off on le Chemin du Puy + el Camino Frances on Wednesday. I need to receive a...
I have an extra private en-suite room in Marcilhac for May 8. $50. Message me!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back