• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Just walked Le Puy, or did I?

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
Well, only via www.walking4fun.com. Obviously not comparable to the real thing, but a positive distraction in these somewhat negative times. This site has numerous other routes, not all Caminos and easy to use for anyone who is interested.
Oh, happy coincidence. I'm "walking" it right now via Walking4Fun. I'm behind in logging my miles, but somewhere around 150 and loving every photo posted. No, it doesn't make up for not being there in person this fall, as I'd hoped. But it definitely keeps the "maybe someday" spirit alive and certainly hones my interest.

Fun site. I finished the Camino Francés a few weeks ago. A small group of us, a "small band of trudgers" to be precise 😉, have been walking and posting our positions on the forum since last spring. Some of us have finished, others still along the trail, a few just starting out. Anyone intrigued, check out the "trudgers" thread, sign up on the W4F site and join the virtual Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I walked the 813 mile Arizona Trail (AZT) this summer via walking4fun.com. I am now over 100 miles in the Camino Frances, which I've walked twice. I walked this route in the spring both times -- it looks so different in the summer/fall! It's bringing back wonderful memories.

Doing these virtual walks has really increased my daily mileage. All good!

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
I walked the 813 mile Arizona Trail (AZT) this summer via walking4fun.com. I am now over 100 miles in the Camino Frances, which I've walked twice. I walked this route in the spring both times -- it looks so different in the summer/fall! It's bringing back wonderful memories.

Doing these virtual walks has really increased my daily mileage. All good!
Mine, too. I look at the log and think, Oh, only "this much" more and I'll get to the next village / end of stage / favorite albergue/ whatever. Great incentive.

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
Mine, too. I look at the log and think, Oh, only "this much" more and I'll get to the next village / end of stage / favorite albergue/ whatever. Great incentive.

Bala, I'm seeing your posts in the Walking4Fun Camino Frances register -- I smile when I read them.

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles 2018
Oh, happy coincidence. I'm "walking" it right now via Walking4Fun. I'm behind in logging my miles, but somewhere around 150 and loving every photo posted. No, it doesn't make up for not being there in person this fall, as I'd hoped. But it definitely keeps the "maybe someday" spirit alive and certainly hones my interest.

Fun site. I finished the Camino Francés a few weeks ago. A small group of us, a "small band of trudgers" to be precise 😉, have been walking and posting our positions on the forum since last spring. Some of us have finished, others still along the trail, a few just starting out. Anyone intrigued, check out the "trudgers" thread, sign up on the W4F site and join the virtual Camino.
Nice to read that you have found a communial spirit with others, similar to this social medium I guess?

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
Bala, I'm seeing your posts in the Walking4Fun Camino Frances register -- I smile when I read them.
Thank you! I had a lot of fun "walking" that route, with so many memories relived and times, people, and places I hadn't thought about in a while brought back to mind.

Advertisement

Booking.com