Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kara, hiking the Camino in Aug/Sept 2006

Karalily

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi all :)

I'm planning on hiking the Camino in August/September (probably the 28th - 30th of the next month) this year in order to raise money for charity and set myself a challenge! The charity I raise money for will be one close to my heart - Cardiomyopathy - as one of my good friends died of the condition not long ago, so it is also partly in memory of her. I will probably be aiming for about 700km. I'm 18, and have never walked anything like this - I have hiked before for a week doing 25km a day with a very heavy pack (all food, stove, sleeping bag, mat, tent, clothes etc. (everything for the week)) but nothing this extensive before. I am also planning to raise extra money by busking in the towns with a psaltery (medieval bowed instrument) and hopefully raising a lot doing that...

Here starts the adventure...

Karalily

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Hiking the Camino

Kara, you will be an angel with your harp on the camino! If you have time - you should read Ben Nimmo's book called Pilgrim Snail. He busked his way with his trombone from Canterbury to Santiago raising money for Raleigh (in memory of the girl he loved who was murdered in South America).
It might prove inspirational.
Va bien poco ángel!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides