• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

L'Amis de Saint Jacques

BHop

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Camino Frances - Finisterra
Hi all,

In 2015, I was lucky enough to complete the Le Puy - Fisterre route in one go. An absolutely amazing time.

After some serious nostalgia, I took a train back to Montpellier and walked the Route D'Arles for 18 days. Along that route, I discovered a group of B+B style pilgrim refuges that go under the name Les Amis de Saint Jacques or L'Amis de Saint Jacques, I can't remember. They were incredible and after some failed attempts at finding something similar online, I'm wondering if anyone is familiar of the group along the Le Puy route.

I'm getting another opportunity to walk for 3.5 weeks with my father (After talking about it for 9 years), and just think the time would be better at these B+B style places instead of sometimes crowded and uncomfortable Gite Communals (Our outside...how a lot of my nights when I was solo went hah!)

Ultreia!

Brandon

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a MiamDoDo guide and the Camino/Le Puy way is your mollusc ;-)

Bon Chemin, SY

@BHop - My understanding is that each region has their own chapter of Amis de Saint Jacques de Compostelle. Here is the main site with links to the various chapters: http://www.compostelle.asso.fr/fr/liens-utiles

How's your French? This is my favorite site for finding accommodations on the Le Puy route: http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Selection/CarteFrance.html The best thing about it is that it shows prices, services (meals, internet, etc.) and pictures so there are no surprises. Even if you don't speak French, I still think it will be helpful.

Bon chemin!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all,

In 2015, I was lucky enough to complete the Le Puy - Fisterre route in one go. An absolutely amazing time.

After some serious nostalgia, I took a train back to Montpellier and walked the Route D'Arles for 18 days. Along that route, I discovered a group of B+B style pilgrim refuges that go under the name Les Amis de Saint Jacques or L'Amis de Saint Jacques, I can't remember. They were incredible and after some failed attempts at finding something similar online, I'm wondering if anyone is familiar of the group along the Le Puy route.

I'm getting another opportunity to walk for 3.5 weeks with my father (After talking about it for 9 years), and just think the time would be better at these B+B style places instead of sometimes crowded and uncomfortable Gite Communals (Our outside...how a lot of my nights when I was solo went hah!)

Ultreia!

Brandon
Hi Brandon
In 2014 walking the Le Puy route we stayed several times at establishments that belonged to an association called Les haltes vers Compostelle. Their desire is to provide spaces that promote fellowship and preserve the values of the Chemin. Their website lists accommodations along a number of different routes: http://haltesverscompostelle.fr/

There is a Facebook group for this organization - Les amis du Chemin de Saint-Jacques.

They have a main office in Le Puy, and many along the way with stamps and guidebooks for sale. They gave me some weird minty juice in the Cahors office, very refreshing. They're run a bit like a tourism bureau and will usually ask you where you're from for statistical purposes. Very nice group!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back