A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Looking for pilgrim Leaving from Bilbao on the del Norte by bike 10th of July, seeking company!

Camino Badges

toscamulder

Camino(s) past & future
Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela (2019)
Hi guys, anyone cycling the Del Norte from the 10th of July?

Hoping to find some company! :)

annad1984

Camino(s) past & future
Hi I wont join as I am starting my Camino 14 of August but I have a question and you might be a perfect person who could help me. I am traveling from Plymouth UK to Santander by ferry. Because I will arrive in the evening I was planing to take a public transport to Leon and then start my Camino. The only thing is that I have no idea if it is possible to travel with a bike on the public transport there ? How it works ? Do I have to disassembly my bike ? Where to book tickets ? Any idea ? And when I finish my jurney in Fisterra how to travel back to Santander by public transport ? Everything else is sorted uffff...

makingtrax

Camino(s) past & future
El norte2010
Portuguese 2014
Primativo 2016
Frances sept 2017!
I am in Spain now cycling caminos. Have not needed to catch buses but enquired incase. Was told u must disassemble bike and/or wrap in plastic. Wasn't clear if both procedures were necessary but definitely the plastic! On saying that UK n 2016 bussed from orensie in rain. 3 women and bikes back to Santiago and neither of the above applied. Train is the other option. U can wheel bike on. Free if charge but u must acquire a special ticket when u buy your ticket as only limited spaces for bikes available. I cycled sjpdp to Santiago in June in 18 days and only ok on the road. Far to many walkers to go on path and not fair to them. Enjoy. Ask many any other questions u may have. I'm about to start from Seville cycling la plata back to Santiago next week.

annad1984

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks for advice. Should I bought train tickets/ buses online in advance or you think it is not a problem to catch it ? One more question... Is the signal good everywhere to use mobile phone ? And where to charge it ?

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Stay on the OP's topic please.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%