• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving SJPP Sat Apr 25

CdnDreamer

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (12, 15 & 18) San Salvador (18), Portuguese (19)
I am from Canada and will be walking solo. I am flying into Paris then Biarritz on Friday April 24, and will arrive in SJPP by Friday night. I will start walking Sat April 25, with first stop Orisson. I am a slow walker so plan to take 6 - 7 weeks to walk the camino. I haven't seen anyone else starting the same day as me, but I am looking forward to meeting the pilgrims leaving up to a week or two after me. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh Canada!

Welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2015. You will be leaving SJPDP with a significant number of pilgrims making their Way to Orisson and beyond. If you don't meet someone in SJPDP...the dinner at Orisson is a great start. Take your time walking up the Mt. Make sure you check the weather and, once again, take your time. The first five days are critical to getting your body ready for the long haul. If you can...make a booking about every 18-20 km, or so for the first two weeks at least. This will lessen your "need" to rush for a room. There are many albergues on the CF today...compared to when I walked in 2008. Last year, there was no problem at all.
Add your start date to the Calendar.

Buen Camino,

Arn

I am from Canada and will be walking solo. I am flying into Paris then Biarritz on Friday April 24, and will arrive in SJPP by Friday night. I will start walking Sat April 25, with first stop Orisson. I am a slow walker so plan to take 6 - 7 weeks to walk the camino. I haven't seen anyone else starting the same day as me, but I am looking forward to meeting the pilgrims leaving up to a week or two after me. Buen Camino!
Hy, I start a week before you, sorry.But you meet lots off people along the way, so that will be no problem. I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi I'm from Canada to I'm going to be a day behind you. I'm staying in Orisson on the 27th. We may connect. This is my first Camino too.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi

I will begin walking on 25 April. ☺
Hi Ozzie Pete, looks like I'll be a day behind you. Did you make reservations to stay in St. Jean? I have not yet I'm debating The thought. I have made reservations in Orrison. I arrive later in the evening in St. Jean on the 26th. So I wanted to spend the next day exploring the city before I started on. I have Been doing lots of training, today I head out for a four hour walk. Wish you blessings on your journey.buen Camino

Hi Ozzie Pete - Will see you in SJPP. Let's hope the spring has sprung, the way is clear and the mountain pass is open. Buen Camino.

Where are you Margaret Lynn that you can walk for 4 hours today? Toronto is in a deep freeze and walking to the car is too cold for me. Two weekends ago I walked 4 hours with my pack in -11 degree weather but now it is just unsafe to walk for any length of time. I'm just back to dreaming about the camino - preparations will begin again in March.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Where are you Margaret Lynn that you can walk for 4 hours today? Toronto is in a deep freeze and walking to the car is too cold for me. Two weekends ago I walked 4 hours with my pack in -11 degree weather but now it is just unsafe to walk for any length of time. I'm just back to dreaming about the camino - preparations will begin again in March.
Hi well I live in beautiful and sunny British Columbia. I actually live on Vancouver Island. The sun shone the whole way. I was very grateful. And at present I am very stiff and tired. So When I got home did my yoga stretches and I climbed into a cold bath. My body was very happy with that but also a little shocked. Now I'm just recovering. Looking at going to yoga on Sunday. And another four hour walk on Monday. I also worked out with a personal fitness trainer twice a week. Boy is he ever kicking my butt at the moment. I guess it is what I need. Yes I'm very excited about the Camino it's coming very quickly. I love all the preparation. Buen Camino

Hi Margaret, Yes I have booked two nights in SJPDP at a B & B. Busy training too but the Australian summer is probably more hospitable. Yes Cdn Dreamer, I hope the way is clear. Hope to meet you both on the Way, Buen Camino.

Hi Margaret, Yes I have booked two nights in SJPDP at a B & B. Busy training too but the Australian summer is probably more hospitable. Yes Cdn Dreamer, I hope the way is clear. Hope to meet you both on the Way, Buen Camino.
Hi Ozzie Pete, a question to you. Why did you put book 2 nights in St. Jean? I'm going to stay in St. Jean the first night I haven't looked yet. I don't think I will. I think I'll just report to the pilgrims office and and take my chances. But I have booked my second night in Orrison. I've read on the form that it's a smaller place and they're less beds. Then I'll start my climb the following morning. Well I'm in recovery today. I'm certainly stiff and sore from my walk but a good stiff and sore. Not sure if I am stiff and sore from my training workout or from the walk. But all is good I'll do some more stretching today and I'm sure it'll ease up. My next big walk is Monday. It is good sharing the journey. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Margaret Lynn I booked at a hotel in SJPP because I am starting out Thursday night from Toronto and arriving in SJPP Friday afternoon. I will have taken two planes and a taxi to get there and I want to have my own space to recover. I don't think I could share with anyone that first night. I will still be on Toronto time so I don't know if I will be able to sleep well during the night. The next day I am walking to Orisson so I don't need to leave early. By having a hotel I won't be kicked out early in the morning. In 2012 I left SJPP around 11 am and got to Orisson at 4 pm. It's only a 3 hour walk, but I took my time. It is a very steep climb to Orisson. I debated about spending 2 days in SJPP to help my body adjust to the time change, but I decided I could do a short walk to Orisson even though I won't be feeling the best. Glad you are enjoying spring and able to get out there and walk. If you can, try to get in some hill walking. I am staying at Orisson on the 25th but intend to walk under 20 km per day so you will probably catch up with me. Buen Camino.

Margaret Lynn I booked at a hotel in SJPP because I am starting out Thursday night from Toronto and arriving in SJPP Friday afternoon. I will have taken two planes and a taxi to get there and I want to have my own space to recover. I don't think I could share with anyone that first night. I will still be on Toronto time so I don't know if I will be able to sleep well during the night. The next day I am walking to Orisson so I don't need to leave early. By having a hotel I won't be kicked out early in the morning. In 2012 I left SJPP around 11 am and got to Orisson at 4 pm. It's only a 3 hour walk, but I took my time. It is a very steep climb to Orisson. I debated about spending 2 days in SJPP to help my body adjust to the time change, but I decided I could do a short walk to Orisson even though I won't be feeling the best. Glad you are enjoying spring and able to get out there and walk. If you can, try to get in some hill walking. I am staying at Orisson on the 25th but intend to walk under 20 km per day so you will probably catch up with me. Buen Camino.
Sounds like a good plan. I'm flying nonstop from Vancouver to Paris. So I thought I'd give myself three nights in Paris. I've never been there before. Then I fly to Biarritz. On the Sunday the 26. I will need to get transport to St. Jean on the 26th and I'll stay there overnight and probably won't be getting in until 7 o'clock at night. But, everybody seems to say that's okay. Then I'll stay the night in saint Jean and enjoy the town and then make a slow walk up to Orisson the next day. 27. Stay the night there and then I'm on my way. Yes I have been doing a few mountain climbing too. Thanks for the advice on that. Hope to see you on the trail somewhere.Buen Camino.

Hi Margaret Lynn. I am just taking my time. Have around 24 hours of travel from Australia so I am going to have a couple of nights in Paris and then I am catching the train to SJPDP. I don't get in til around 6 or 7 so I just want to potter around the next day and make sure my body has adjusted before I walk. For better or worse not going to stop at Orrison. Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.