• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

leaving St Jean 23 July

bsmorgan

Aussie Pilgrims
Time of past OR future Camino
2009 SJPdP, 2010 Sarria, 2012 SJPdP, 2015 SJPdP
Calendar add.
My husband and I are leaving from St Jean on 23 July on our third Frances. More excited than ever. Better prepared physically, lighter packs, positive thoughts, shorter stages planned and a two month timeframe. Hoping to continue to Finisterre, Muxia and hopefully then on trails to A Coruna.
Winter training here in Australia trying to conjure hot weather thoughts!
Counting the sleeps,
Sue

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Ian. I'll keep an eye out. We're at Orisson on the first night so you may pass us on 24th as I gasp up the mountain. Purple backpack, purple hat, wide aussie smile.
Buen Camino
Sue

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Calendar add.
My husband and I are leaving from St Jean on 23 July on our third Frances. More excited than ever. Better prepared physically, lighter packs, positive thoughts, shorter stages planned and a two month timeframe. Hoping to continue to Finisterre, Muxia and hopefully then on trails to A Coruna.
Winter training here in Australia trying to conjure hot weather thoughts!
Counting the sleeps,
Sue
Hi I am stating maybe the same day. I will need a bit of jet lag time since I come in from Paris on the 20 th or 21st. but will be in the offices and around. I think I will leave on the 25th. Hope we can meet up..!!! So excited...Cheers until we meet

Hi Cmoreau. we fly into Paris from Sydney arriving 21st, overnight in Paris, then train to Bayonne, Caroline (express bouricott) to SJPP on 22nd. Will probably also be jet-lagged, but nothing like a Pyrenees crossing to jolt the body into action! Hope to see you on the trail. We are taking the first block to Burgos, very slowly so no doubt you'll pass us.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you!!! Can I ask you one nagging question. I can't seem to find the answer. Do I need to bring a sleeping pad
. My pack is 13 pounds so another very light mat might be ok for my back? Ideas? Thanks

Hello,
I'll be a day behind you, but on a far less leisurely schedule...meeting SWMBO in Sarria on Aug 16. If you see me, say hello. Will look like this, plus a dust plume!!View attachment 19004
I will see you too. I wil bike the long flat part due to time constraints. I walk fast but you might be faster:)

Thank you!!! Can I ask you one nagging question. I can't seem to find the answer. Do I need to bring a sleeping pad
. My pack is 13 pounds so another very light mat might be ok for my back? Ideas? Thanks
On our laSt summer Frances, we carried a sleeping mat because of concerns about not getting accommodation enroute but never used it at all. When albergues werefull we found pensions. IMHO leave it at home.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you so much . Will leave it here. Can I ask you as well, will there be many people on the Frances, too a many in that there may be races to get rooms and such? Maybe I should walk the Norte, that way I can stay cooler, with a dip in the ocean at times? I was told it isn't the best option but just concerned there will be too may people. then I heard that August is there low month , not many doing it due to the heat. sorry, I am rambling and asking too many questions. Is it ok to be asking you? Thank you for your valuable time...Catherine..

Hi Catherine. Accommodation became more competitive after Sarria. We found somewhere every night but had to be flexible in choosing pensions to ensure we had a bed. Sometimes additional accommodation is opened up once the main centres are full.
We'd like to look at the North next time but I haven't walked it yet to answer that option with confidence. A girlfriend did it, staying mostly in pensions and did not have any trouble getting rooms.
Be prepared to be flexible in where you stay. You may have to walk to the next town, or find somewhere earlier in the day than planned.

Buen camino Catherine.

thank you so much for this info. I guess I will bike that area from Sarai on ward then. If I am homeless, it is easier to just push on. I was going to hike it. I will do more research about the north route once I am ther in St. Jean

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.