• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Left wondering

• Thread starter Former member 42123
  • Start date
F

Former member 42123

Sitting upstairs on a bus in Liverpool city centre,looked out the window as we pulled up at traffic lights and saw a couple cross.They had backpacks and both wore Camino T.shirts.Had they just come back,were they on their way to another Camino or were they just in training for a future Camino ? ? ?.As the bus moved away I was left to wonder and to envy,and to hope one day to be walking rather than sitting on the bus so we might meet.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am walking the John Muir Way in Scotland at the moment. Yesterday I stayed in a Bnb and realized that the owner had walked the Camino last year nearly the same day as I did. The pilgrim world is small ;-) Buen Camino, SY

We were at Lake Gairdner, a remote salt lake in outback South Australia, for a Land Speed meeting in March this year. Many of the participants knew of the Camino and one told of us of his doctor who had walked it a few years ago. He then returned home, sold up and has moved to northern Spain.

I love talking to walkers in training or enroute wherever I meet them. We often come across people who are walking across the continent. The local Adelaide 'mountain' @727m high is THE training route and stepping stone for all sorts of remarkable adventures. Always wonderful to catch up with peoples dreams and aspirations over a cuppa at the top.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I live in Toronto and the other day I had a surprise and an I wonder moment.

I was downtown ( huge city ) and I was walking on the street and I heard a woman yell out " hey, hey! Hey you, Camino guy."
I stopped and turned around and it was a young lady whom I saw several times on My Camino!!!! We always said hi and chatted. Who knew we lived in the same city of 4.5 million people. We are now going walking together!

After that chance encounter, I continued on my way and saw a man at the opposite corner of an intersection with a Camino Yellow Arrow shirt on. It also had France's written on it. I was so surprised! I wondered if he walked it or if it was a gift.

What a strange day!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was sitting in the hot tub here at this 50+ resort the other night and started talking to a lady. I have a flyer up on the board to give a talk on the Camino. Somehow the conversation turned to that. I told her I was the person giving the talk and she said, "Oh! My sister in law and I are walking the Camino next spring!"

EVERYbody is walking the Camino! lol!

How good is that, Dan!
If that ever happens to me, I will be truly amazed. But stranger things have happened.
And the other guy?
Well, with thousands of us walking and more every year, it will be more and more common. It would be fun to wish someone like that a buen camino--and to hear their story.
But 2 in one day...hmmmm...coincidence?

I was in Catania, Sicily, this past October for 24 hours.
Walking out of a side street I found myself behind a backpack with a scallop shell hanging from it... I tapped the wearer of the backpack on the shoulder and said Buen Camino, Peregrino. He spoke virtually no English and my Italian/Sicilian is hopeless, but we smiled, shook hands and shared a special moment of recognition.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last year I was working as a hospitalero. A lady that I knew well, and who lived in the nearest village to mine in Australia, walked in and asked for a bed for the night. Both of us were surprised, as neither of us knew the other was in Spain.

This year I was wandering down a busy street in Madrid, when I heard someone calling out. Same woman.

I am going to ring her next year before I go, just to check on where she might be. Then perhaps we can actually schedule a meeting.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

At the beginning of last year, as a birthday gift, I gave my brother Phil one of 'our David's' wonderful "Buen Camino" t shirts from his eBay shop, pilgrimsupplies. It's one of Phil's favourite t shirts and he tells me he often has someone asking him about the message on the t shirt - particularly in Bali where he loves to take a surfing vacation.

Last Christmas he stayed with us at Culburra Beach on the NSW South Coast and one day, wearing the t shirt and sitting enjoying a Flat White (our version of the café con leche) in local café Benny's, he was greeted with a hearty "Buen Camino"! by another customer. Phil will be doing his first camino with twin brother Glen, and me, in 2019, to celebrate their 60th birthdays. Phil was so surprised and delighted to be wished his first "Buen Camino" in the sleepy NSW coastal town ... far, far away both in place and time from the Camino.

Here's Phil 'modelling' the t shirt :

Phil in his 'Buen Camino' t shirt - looking good!.jpg

Buen Camino to all -

Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back