A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LePuy Route During Easter Week

2020 Camino Guides

tominrm

Hiking to Celebrate the End of Working Life.
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2014,2019)
del Norte ( 2015)
Portuguese ( 2016)
Primitivo ( 2017)
VdlP (2018)
I will be in Lyon(3 nights) and LePuy(2 nights) during Holy Week and start walking on Easter Sunday. Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest? The flight to Lyon on the 9th has already been reserved.

Duayne Meyer

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, April, 2016
Frances: SJPP to Ponferrada April & October, 2017
Le Puy 2018/19
I will be in Lyon(3 nights) and LePuy(2 nights) during Holy Week and start walking on Easter Sunday. Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest? The flight to Lyon on the 9th has already been reserved.
I can't speak with great confidence to what you will find lodging-wise in Lyon and LePuy during Holy Week. My guess is that they will be busy enough that you'll want to work out your bookings in advance.

I arrived in LePuy on Easter Monday last year and had no problems with lodging that night, or on any successive day after that. I was told LePuy had been fairly crowded on Easter which, I am guessing, was compounded by Easter being in late April last year as it will be again this year. I had no difficulty finding lodging along the way - including Saint Privat de Allier - but I did book 1-2 days in advance, as was suggested by a number of people on this forum and with whom I walked. The Gite or Chambre d'Hote proprietor in LePuy should be able to give you some good suggestions for lodging, in addition to the Miam Miam Dodo. The app has been translated into English making the guide even more user friendly. Miam is limited in that it doesn't include a great many very good places to stay along the way. That's why I would ask the proprietors of the various places you stay.
Bon Chemin!

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-19
Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest?
I assume you're starting the walk from Le Puy on Easter Sunday, April 21.
There is a two-week school holiday that runs (depending on zone) from 7 April to 7 May. This means more competition for lodging and fewer gites open. So, reserve in advance.
1 May is a national holiday. 8 May is a national holiday. These fall on Wednesdays in 2019, so the French tendency to make these holi-days into holi-weekends will extend to making them holi-weeks. This means much more competition for accommodations. (But more gites will be open as this is the heavy season.) So, reserve in advance.
And take your rain gear. Bon chemin!

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
I assume you're starting the walk from Le Puy on Easter Sunday, April 21.
There is a two-week school holiday that runs (depending on zone) from 7 April to 7 May. This means more competition for lodging and fewer gites open. So, reserve in advance.
1 May is a national holiday. 8 May is a national holiday. These fall on Wednesdays in 2019, so the French tendency to make these holi-days into holi-weekends will extend to making them holi-weeks. This means much more competition for accommodations. (But more gites will be open as this is the heavy season.) So, reserve in advance.
And take your rain gear. Bon chemin!
I second that! Kits ambler is on the ball!

kristeL

Peregrina
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (May-June 2016)
Le Puy to Cahors (summer 2017)
There is plenty of accommodation, you shouldn't worry. I stopped in Montbonnet the first night. There are 3 gites there.
I suggest you get the 'miam miam-dodo' guide in the cathedral and book a few days ahead as you walk. Don't worry.
Bon chemin!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
KJFSophie Geneva to LePuy 9
P Geneva to LePuy 9
DLJ Geneva to LePuy 12

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%