• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Works going into Zamora (Levante)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am not on FB. I have planned to take the bus to Zamora from Salamanca, staying in the historical center in late-ish April. Does it say where in the city the work is happening and how long it will be going on?

Edit- Do you know if this is some kind of roadwork, and is it supposed to affect the city center and walking around?
If there is a Spanish s newspaper article to share, I could translate it on my Chrome browser for some details.Thanks.

Last edited:
I am not on FB. I have planned to take the bus to Zamora from Salamanca, staying in the historical center in late-ish April. Does it say where in the city the work is happening and how long it will be going on?

Edit- Do you know if this is some kind of roadwork, and is it supposed to affect the city center and walking around?
If there is a Spanish s newspaper article to share, I could translate it on my Chrome browser for some details.Thanks.
My understanding from reading the facebook page is that it is only the Puente de Piedra (the old stone bridge) that is closed. This is a pedestrian-only bridge, so it won’t affect vehicle traffic in Zamora, but it does mean that pilgrims will have to enter from another spot. The Levante and the Vdlp come into Zamora from different directions, so the Vdlp pilgrims will cross the river on a bridge west of the puente de Piedra, while the Levante pilgrims will cross the river on a bridge to the east of the old bridge. At least that is my understanding.

Here’s my quick translation of the facebook post.

New Entrances to Zamora

Because of the work that is being done on the Puente de Piedra in Zamora, the pilgrims coming from the Camino de Levante and from the South (Vdlp) will have to find other access points to cross to the north side of the Duero River.

The works will continue for at least four more months, so the Zamora Camino Association has decided to re-route the pilgrims.

Those that come from Toro (on the Levante) will enter the city crossing the puente de hierro (Iron Bridge).

Those that are on the Vdlp, they will go across on the Puente de los Poetas (Poets Bridge) and from there along a path that goes along the river.

Since this is a temporary detour, we have crossed out with adhesive tape the arrows that take you to the puente de piedra. It will be easy to remove the tape when the bridge re-opens. At strategic points, we have put up some little signs that mark the new route with a yellow arrow. These will also be easy to remove when the work is done.

This means that from now on, pilgrims will not get lost when they arrive in our city and will have clear marking to take them to the albergue.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks, Laurie, all good for me then. This info will help forum members who will be walking those stages on the VdlP and the Levante.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back