• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino levante

A

AJ

I am currently in Villacanas, in a very pleasant hostal. Sadly I have to say that this is the most boring Camino I have made. I refer to the walking and not the towns, many of which are very interesting. I met two cyclists today whose opinion matched mine. The owner of a bar I visited yesterday told me that it gets better after Toledo. God is merciful

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The terrain changes dramatically after Toledo. Feels like a different Camino altogether.

Before Toledo I think a bicycle would be a better but after Toledo it is more for a walker, even a 1200 meters peak to add to it.

I am currently in Villacanas, in a very pleasant hostal. Sadly I have to say that this is the most boring Camino I have made. I refer to the walking and not the towns, many of which are very interesting. I met two cyclists today whose opinion matched mine. The owner of a bar I visited yesterday told me that it gets better after Toledo. God is merciful

What do you find boring in particular? Did you start in Valencia?

/BP

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I didn't really find it boring. Maybe because I had walked it with another pilgrim I met in an earlier Camino. Yes we did started in Valencia. Watched the rabbits running around and realized that's probably the reason why there are rabbit in paella valenciano. Bought a Moorish knife in Albecete, stayed at the albergue in bull ring (can't remember the town's name), windmills in Mota del Cuervo, best torilla at bar Rocinante (Don Quixote's horse) at El Toboso (Dulcinea, Don Quixote's love interest home town), a wedding at the quaint town of Tembleque, etc...

Before Toledo he got a super bad blisters and bad back so I walked alone after Toledo. Immediately the terrain changed and the things became different. Ended in Zamora.

A few days before Zamora they was town with a beautiful tri-river view that just had a new albergue. You can check my blog (url below my signature). Oct 2015.

I didn't really find it boring. Maybe because I had walked it with another pilgrim I met in an earlier Camino. Yes we did started in Valencia. Watched the rabbits running around and realized that's probably the reason why there are rabbit in paella valenciano. Bought a Moorish knife in Albecete, stayed at the albergue in bull ring (can't remember the town's name), windmills in Mota del Cuervo, best torilla at bar Rocinante (Don Quixote's horse) at El Toboso (Dulcinea, Don Quixote's love interest home town), a wedding at the quaint town of Tembleque, etc...

Before Toledo he got a super bad blisters and bad back so I walked alone after Toledo. Immediately the terrain changed and the things became different. Ended in Zamora.

A few days before Zamora they was town with a beautiful tri-river view that just had a new albergue. You can check my blog (url below my signature). Oct 2015.

Oh, my question was for AJ above. But I'll definitely check out your blog, thanks!

/BP

BP, I don't know what to add to my OP other than that I would not walk Valencia to Toledo again, nor would I recommend it to another person. I get to Toledo tomorrow

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
BP, I don't know what to add to my OP other than that I would not walk Valencia to Toledo again, nor would I recommend it to another person. I get to Toledo tomorrow

Toledo will be nice! After that there will be more ups-and-downs, so not so monotonous. Between Cebreros and San Bartolomé is a strech that's totally different, you'll see! Please let us know. By for now

BP

Toledo was wonderful, as was Avila. Walking improved after Toledo and is still much better than before. I have met only one pilgrim who enjoyed the walking from Valencia to Toledo. All others have pronounced it dull and boring.

Numbers so far from Valencia: 4 cyclists, 11 walkers

Yes, Toledo was my favourite place along the way. Also because I hadn't read or heard that much about it before, so I was astonished by the architecture and beautiful location. Surprises are good along a Camino! :O) Ávila, on the contrary, was too austere for me.

11 walkers is a lot: I met NO other walking pilgrim before Ávila!

/BP

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back