A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

List of recommended Albergues, Monasteries and Convents on Camino del Norte/Primitivo

Camino(s) past & future
St Jean PDP to Santiago de Compostela 2016
Via Podiensis 2017
Hi everyone We're beginning to plan our 3rd camino - Camino del Norte and on to the Primitivo. When we walked both the Camino Frances and Via Podiensis, we gleaned loads of information from others on this forum (thanks Ivar!!) who had already walked the route - the simple 'pilgrim' accomodations (yes ...even the mats on the floor!) and the feeling of confraternity with fellow pilgrims. Does anyone know of a list that exists or does anyone have any recommendations for us? Thanks! In anticipation :) (from Australia)

Camino(s) past & future
St Jean PDP to Santiago de Compostela 2016
Via Podiensis 2017

Rajy62

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013, Norte/primitivo 2014, vdlp (2015)
this is a list I made for my 2016 camino and updated a bit in may 2018: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...mmodation-list-for-camino-del-norte-2016.493/. there are a few closed albergues (in san vicente de la barquera, most notably) and perhaps a new one open somewhere.

it's always best to check with gronze: https://www.gronze.com/camino-norte.
Great work. Saved me a of of time. Now I have to visit Gronze only when the info in this list is inaccurate. Thanks.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%