• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

surfing/water sports in Finisterre

TsafiK

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2023
We are getting to Finisterre with our teenagers, and I wonder, is there any kind of water sports in the place? like surfing, kayaks, jet ski or anything like that?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Wouldn’t Godgle be a better place to ask that question rather than a forum plagued by wrinkly, ancient pilgrims.

Just remember Costa da Morte isn’t just a name

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I assure you I did try to Google before I asked here... I guess my Google skills ain't good enough. tnx for your reply!

A Google tip for searching in another country - visit the search page for that country and use the local language, in this case use google.es to search for deportes de aqua Finisterre.

In the ancient days it was easier but Google decided to make it more difficult for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are getting to Finisterre with our teenagers, and I wonder, is there any kind of water sports in the place? like surfing, kayaks, jet ski or anything like that?
There are terrible rip tides so stick to the beaches where the locals say it is safe to swim. I'm not sure if there is a tourist office in Finisterre but if so ask them about activities. Enjoy and stay safe.
Ultreia, Keith

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Halfway between Finisterre & Muxia - Lires beach is a well known and popular surf beach...and the restaurant/bar is a nice place to hang out and supervise ! Didn't notice any hire places though. going the other way I believe there was a Kayaking outfit in Cee - Atlantis Adventures. Enjoy !
I love Lires and the bar overlooking the beach! Good idea at least for swimming in summer and watching the kiddos.🙂

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This might be too late for you but there's a wonderful Scuba diving center in Malpica. It's about an hour by car from Finisterra and the closest thing in terms of watersports I found in that area. They also do daytrips to the Islas Sisargas.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.