• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging and Transportation to SJPP from Pamplona

Elizabeth-o

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Frances (2014)
Camino de Frances (2016)
I have given up trying to find the right thread, so I will apologize now for creating this new one; I am certain the info is "out there."

We are hoping to find lodging in Pamplona on Saturday, April 16 (2016) then transportation to SJPP. I have contacted Corazon Puro and they tell me they are booked for that date. Does anyone out there know of another possibility?

Another thought is to share a taxi from Pamplona to SJPP on that date (April 16th). Is anyone interested in chatting about that? There are two of us, so two more might just make the 100+ Euro cab fare more enticing.

Thanks for any ideas...

EMN

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
EMN,

For several lodging possibilities in Pamplona scan this Gronze.com list which shows pilgrim accommodation in brown ink and regular tourist accommodation in black ink. Tap each citation for further info. http://www.gronze.com/navarra/pamplona

Good luck and Buen camino!
MM

Last edited:
@Elizabeth-o you probably won't have any trouble getting a bus to Roncesvales, and only need a taxi from there to SJPDP - and if the weather is lousy have the option of starting in Roncesvales. If the weather is bad you will not be able to walk the Route Napoleon anyway.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Corazon Puro were unable to help me last September as they were fully booked.

So I took a bus from Pamplona to St Jean (the last one leaves Pamplona bus station at 17.30) and stayed in St Jean.

The last bus to Roncesvalles leaves at 18.00, and you can take a taxi on to St Jean.

You can join any number of Camino groups on facebook and post asking if anyone wants to share a taxi on your dates.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Accommodations in SJPdP:
http://www.saintjeanpieddeport-paysbasque-tourisme.com/

Bus to Roncesvalles (winter hours until June 30):
http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

Taxi to Roncesvalles or SJPdP from Pamplona:
http://www.taxipamplona.com/tarifas.html

ALSA is now showing two buses from Pamplona to SJPdP on April 6, 1430 and 1730 for 22E.
Thank you, everyone, for the advice. I know we will be fine. As we learned in 2014, the Camino experience includes learning to be flexible and trusting.

EMN

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have given up trying to find the right thread, so I will apologize now for creating this new one; I am certain the info is "out there."

We are hoping to find lodging in Pamplona on Saturday, April 16 (2016) then transportation to SJPP. I have contacted Corazon Puro and they tell me they are booked for that date. Does anyone out there know of another possibility?

Another thought is to share a taxi from Pamplona to SJPP on that date (April 16th). Is anyone interested in chatting about that? There are two of us, so two more might just make the 100+ Euro cab fare more enticing.

Thanks for any ideas...

EMN

CONDA (ALSA) provides bus service from Pamplona bus station to SJPdP.
https://www.alsa.es/en/home

Your only other options are:
- take a taxi.
- go to SJPdP via San Sebastian, Irun, and Hendaye to Gare Bayonne from whence SNCF operates a train to SJPdP.

Si yo fuera tu, given you are traveling via Pamplona, your best option is the CONDA bus. Unfortunately the schedule only provides two buses; 1430 and 1730. (there will be more added later in the season) If you can catch the 1730 you are best off taking that and staying in SJPdP instead of Pamplone, else you lose 22 hours till the next bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much! I have solved the "problem" by booking the bus through goeuro.

EMN

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back