• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a hiking companion

danielle aird

La vie est belle
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2018; September 2018; May 2019; Sept (2019)
Hello, I really enjoyed walking the camino in May 2018 with my granddaughter. I loved it so much that I went back in September for a month with a friend; we hiked about 17 k per day but could walk 22 if need be and perhaps a bit more. I had my bag shipped from one albergue to the other. I would like to return this May (2019) (I am a bit flexible with dates) and would like a female companion. So far, my two companions have been 19 and 60 years old respectively. I am 70 and in good shape and easygoing. I have friends of all ages and I speak French as well as Spanish and some German so could travel with someone who does not speak English. Anyone looking for a hiking companion?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Danielle :)

If no one responds with an offer on the Forum, you may find a walking companion when you return and are in Spain on Camino. In fact, you just don't know from internet contact whether someone will be a suitable companion, as it takes actually walking together to know if there is compatibility.

One's pace, temperament, stamina, interests, etc can create problems with an untried companion. When you actually start walking Camino, you will see other pilgrims that seem to match YOUR walking habits.

At any rate, have a wonderful Camino in September. By the way, which Camino will you be walking this time?

Hi, Danielle :)

If no one responds with an offer on the Forum, you may find a walking companion when you return and are in Spain on Camino. In fact, you just don't know from internet contact whether someone will be a suitable companion, as it takes actually walking together to know if there is compatibility.

One's pace, temperament, stamina, interests, etc can create problems with an untried companion. When you actually start walking Camino, you will see other pilgrims that seem to match YOUR walking habits.

At any rate, have a wonderful Camino in September. By the way, which Camino will you be walking this time?
Thank you very much for your message. I agree about not being able to know whether you are compatible with another person. But I have travelled with near-strangers repeatedly and it has never been a problem. I think one can have a pretty good idea of the other person by corresponding first. I am pretty tolerant and would want the other person to be tolerant also. I have not decided where I will start. So far, I have walked from Pamplona to Burgos in May. In September, I started again in Pamplona because I had loved it so much and made it to Leon this time. I would like to start in SJPDP this time and definitely don't want to do the first two days on my own!!! I am no spring chick! I like the security of a companion. I will adapt my itinerary to that of another person. If you have more advice, I will be happy to have it :) Thank you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello, I really enjoyed walking the camino in May 2018 with my granddaughter. I loved it so much that I went back in September for a month with a friend; we hiked about 17 k per day but could walk 22 if need be and perhaps a bit more. I had my bag shipped from one albergue to the other. I would like to return this May (2019) (I am a bit flexible with dates) and would like a female companion. So far, my two companions have been 19 and 60 years old respectively. I am 70 and in good shape and easygoing. I have friends of all ages and I speak French as well as Spanish and some German so could travel with someone who does not speak English. Anyone looking for a hiking companion?

There is a Facebook Group called The Way of St. James-Via Podiensis, that has a page where you can see members starting dates and where they are starting from. You could even look up members and see if you have a neighbour. You can add your information to this list or not, but it might help you find a walking companion. If you want to leave from Le Puy in September, let me know!! Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back