• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for GPX file for a winter route

tony downey

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
I am looking for a gpx route for the French way, starting at St Jean, but as I will be going in February I need a GPX of the low route, the route that does not take the high mountain pass for the first 3 days, HELP

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just to put your mind at ease, by all means download a track from the sources mentioned above, but you will soon notice that you don't need it. The way is well marked. What you will need is this http://www.aprinca.com/alberguesinvierno/ a list of albergues that are open during the winter. Buen Camino, SY

You can download them here. I think they have the lower route as well.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...an-pied-de-port-to-santiago-de-compostela.34/
I have extracted the tracks in the file at the link, and there is a track for the lower route. It doesn't appear to have the section in it where I tried to walk back to Bayonne when I missed a mark at one point. I am so disappointed to find that my meanderings there (and elsewhere) were not part of the 'official' path.

Most read last week in this forum