• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for info. Camp site in Le Puy

s_guruji

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to start in Le puy in late May (2013)
Greetings,
I am planning to start my walk from Le puy on May 17. I will be arriving Le puy around 7 pm on 16th via train and looking for a place to stay for the first night. I see a campsite " camping De Bouthezard" at the north east end of the town. Can i walk from the train station to the campsite? or any recommendation for accommodation any guidance is greatly appreciated. P.S- I am planning to take my ultra light tent for the trip.
Thank you so much,
guru

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As a town, Le Puy is not that big, so something on the edge of town should be walkable from the train station in 30 minutes or so (I'm estimating). Depending, you could take a taxi.

I'm assuming you have checked Miam Miam Dodo for available establishment; it has the contact info including physical addresses.

If you take the physical address from MMD or the website, and plug into Google Maps, you should be able to get the distance and routing from the Le Puy train station.

Thank you so much. I could not find a copy of MMD in US east coast book stores, so I just checked the google map. I tried to ring the campsite phone few times, but got voice mail every time. I did not understand the message as I don't speak to French. I used google translation for the website. From google's directions, I can walk thru the town, eat dinner in town before retiring at the campsite after 7 hour flight from NY to Brussels and another 7 hour train ride from Brussels to Le Puy. Looking forward to the trip.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've got a copy of last year's MMD. If you'd like to see the Le Puy page, just PM me your e-mail address and I could scan it for you. It doesn't show locations on the map itself though.
Margaret

I advise you to sleep in the hostel near the Cathedral, cheap and easy to reach.
Attached is a airphoto of Le Puy, train station and camping

Attachments

• ssssss.JPG
    ssssss.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 457
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you so much for the maps and other great advise. I am able to get Le puy tourist office for further assistance.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back