• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for people I met on the Camino Sept/Oct-14

Pia Beate Pedersen

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances sept/ oct 2014
Michelle (Victoria, Canada), Claudia & Bogdan (Romania), David (Australia), Miriam (Australia), Will (UK, southwest coast), Bill (US), Margie (US, Puerto Rico), Carin (Quebec, Canada), Pradi (Spain) and a lot of others... All you wonderful human beings I talked to, who laughed with me, ate & drank with me, and walked beside me: Send me a friend request on FB!

This Camino was my first, and I had a very specific reason to do it. I chose the Camino instead of drugs prescribed by my doctors.

I posted this on Facebook when I reached Muxia:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152429875807592&id=553612591

The Camino is magic. Pure magic.

Pia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
They say, 'The Camino provides'. It certainly has for you. Well done!:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, we
Michelle (Victoria, Canada), Claudia & Bogdan (Romania), David (Australia), Miriam (Australia), Will (UK, southwest coast), Bill (US), Margie (US, Puerto Rico), Carin (Quebec, Canada), Pradi (Spain) and a lot of others... All you wonderful human beings I talked to, who laughed with me, ate & drank with me, and walked beside me: Send me a friend request on FB!

This Camino was my first, and I had a very specific reason to do it. I chose the Camino instead of drugs prescribed by my doctors.

I posted this on Facebook when I reached Muxia:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152429875807592&id=553612591

The Camino is magic. Pure magic.

Pia
Hi Pia,
We didn't meet you but we also walked with Claudia and Bogdan, we started out on the same day (Sept 23) from St. Jean Pied de Port. We are attempting to contact them as well. Hopefully they see your post!

Connie

Hi, we

Hi Pia,
We didn't meet you but we also walked with Claudia and Bogdan, we started out on the same day (Sept 23) from St. Jean Pied de Port. We are attempting to contact them as well. Hopefully they see your post!

Connie

I hope so too, Connie!! So funny and lovely both of them, would love to find them again. Them too!! Next time I do the camino, I will make sure I get peoples e- mails. Such a shame to lose touch!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello Pia,
Great post with a heartwarming outcome for you:)

Bad news for you though I'm afraid, you escaped from one type of drug to walk straight into another (The Camino). Just look at all the Camino addicts on here:rolleyes:.

Stay well my friend:p

Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ha ha ha, you are so right. Have become an addict, after one shot only :-D
But what a wonderful addiction to be suffering from!!!

Thank you, John. I can see now, here, that you really don't have to walk the camino to find beautiful people.. (better for your arse, though, to actually do the walk :) )

Hi Pia, Great heartwarming story. I was walking the French Camino in May last year but I don't think I am the David you are looking for but then I meet so many peregrinos and I never had a good memory for names. David from Australia (Sydney)

Hello, Pia. My name is Mark from Pennsylvania. I started from St. Jean on September 24, so I'll bet our paths crossed at some point; were you beyond Hornillos when the big storm hit? Magic is the real word to describe the camino. It is magic.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Pia, I also met Will along the Way last Sept/Oct, I'd love to connect with him again too! Great idea to use the forum.

I hope so too, Connie!! So funny and lovely both of them, would love to find them again. Them too!! Next time I do the camino, I will make sure I get peoples e- mails. Such a shame to lose touch!
Happens to most peregrinos: You think that there will be plenty of time to exchange addresses......until it's too late.
Advise #1: Before leaving home, print-out small self adhesive labels with your email address and a small picture of yourself; when dispensing them, make sure you get the other's mail address in exchange.
Advise #2: Use your mobile to take a short video-clip of your new friends introducing themselves and citing their email address.

Hi Pia, congratulations on your first Camino! I read your Facebook post you linked to, I love it. :)

The last time I walked was in June and July of 2012 (wow, I'm due for another Camino soon), so we didn't meet. A few of my friends were on the Camino this year at the same time as you though, so it's possible you met one or more of them. I think Jessica from Virginia in the US would be most likely.

I learned the hard way on my first Camino that it's a good idea to get e-mail addresses or other contact info from people if you even have an idea you might like to be in touch with them in the future. It's really easy to lose touch with people while you're walking! Thankfully, and happily, I've also had the gift of many times being reunited with people I didn't know how I'd ever see again. Camino magic!

I actually found your thread today because I came to the forum looking for one of my Camino friends, David (who replied further up). Hello, David!! If and when you see this, please check your private messages on here. I wrote to you there. :)

A continued Buen Camino to all of you!

Rachel

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Pia, congratulations on your first Camino! I read your Facebook post you linked to, I love it. :)

The last time I walked was in June and July of 2012 (wow, I'm due for another Camino soon), so we didn't meet. A few of my friends were on the Camino this year at the same time as you though, so it's possible you met one or more of them. I think Jessica from Virginia in the US would be most likely.

I learned the hard way on my first Camino that it's a good idea to get e-mail addresses or other contact info from people if you even have an idea you might like to be in touch with them in the future. It's really easy to lose touch with people while you're walking! Thankfully, and happily, I've also had the gift of many times being reunited with people I didn't know how I'd ever see again. Camino magic!

I actually found your thread today because I came to the forum looking for one of my Camino friends, David (who replied further up). Hello, David!! If and when you see this, please check your private messages on here. I wrote to you there. :)

Rachel

Hi Pia

I am not sure if I met you but I started from St. Jean on Sept. 26, 2014. I was 76 years old from California. I finished sometime in mid October. It took me 12 hours the first day but I survived. Greatest thing I ever did. Would consider doing again in about a year. Greetings to all the great people I met. Love to you all. I shaved my Camino beard New Years Day but the Camino is still with me. Frank ja .

Last edited:
Hi Pia, Great heartwarming story. I was walking the French Camino in May last year but I don't think I am the David you are looking for but then I meet so many peregrinos and I never had a good memory for names. David from Australia (Sydney)
Hi David, great to hear from you!
I walked in sept/ oct, so no, I don't think you're the David I am looking for. But thank you so much for sending me a reply!
Pia

Hello, Pia. My name is Mark from Pennsylvania. I started from St. Jean on September 24, so I'll bet our paths crossed at some point; were you beyond Hornillos when the big storm hit? Magic is the real word to describe the camino. It is magic.
Hi Mark! I did meet a Mark, but he was Canadian... I missed the big storm I think, I had more ore less sunshine for five weeks. Remember reading about flooding and stuff, but no, - no storm (big anyway) on my path.. Not sure it our paths crossed, though, I started from Burgos on September 26th. Cool to hear from you, though :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Rachel
Next time I will most certainly get e- mail addresses along the way. Was so sure I'd bump in to people again, but nooooo.

Don't think I met any Jessicas along my path, but so good to hear from you!! This forum is great, so good to read posts when I miss the camino spirit...

Pia

Another 'trick' for finding lost Camino friends is also looking at the Facebook friends lists of those you are already friends with. especially when sorted by recently added. Chances are good that they have added other pilgrims as FB friends that you also know, SY

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back