• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost Camera

annickobrien

Hello fellow Pilgrims,
I lost my camera in late July along the Camino Frances between Terradillos de los Templarios and before Sahagun. I was walking the Caminio and my boyfriend (who has problems with his legs) was on a bike. I'm Irish and he's French. If anyone remembers us and found my camera it would be great to get it back.
Thanks all!
Annick

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello fellow Pilgrims,
I lost my camera in late July along the Camino Frances between Terradillos de los Templarios and before Sahagun. I was walking the Caminio and my boyfriend (who has problems with his legs) was on a bike. I'm Irish and he's French. If anyone remembers us and found my camera it would be great to get it back.
Thanks all!
Annick

Hi All,
Still have no reply re: the camera. Hope everyone is enjoying their camino
Axx

A good tip is to make a poster with your name and contact number / email address on it and take a photograph of it. If you lose your camera, anyone checking the photos will know who it belongs to.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Good suggestion Sil.
Now to know how to make the name and address the first photo to come up when I turn on the viewer.... Hmmm.

Good luck, Annick. I truly hope you find it because I know how devastating this loss can be. I lost my camera on the Camino with some 400+ pictures on it. I didn't care about the camera (although it was a very nice camera) so much as the SD card inside. I looked and a number of others also went out to help me look. I asked at all the alberques from that point forward, gave name and contact info to bikers, left name and contact information everywhere (private and public alberques), checked at the Pilgrim's Office, posted a reward notice but nothing. I can still get heartsick over it as pictures of people I will never see again are on that SD card. My picture is the first one on the SD card so I was hoping that maybe someone would recognize me--it was of me at the airport getting ready to leave for Spain.

Putting name and contact information on your camera is an excellent recommendation. When I go this fall on the Camino Portuguese, you can bet I will have my name and information all over that camera! In addition, I will have it tethered to me and/or my pack. Not going to fall out this time if I can help it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My chip crashed with hundreds of photos. A data recovery service wants about $500 to dismantle the chip and possibly recover the files with no guarantee that they can do so. For that price, I can redo the walk. None of the software recovery programs has been able to read the damaged chip. At least I still have the camera, though it now gets the responsibility for having crashed the chip as I wait for it to do it again.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back