• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

lost in France

Peter Voncken

Time of past OR future Camino
april 4 - 14-6 2014 From perigeux to santiago
18-5- 3-6 2015 from Villa Franca del Biedrzo to santiago
Last spring I walked a short part of the camino in central France from Nevers to Orval.On my way from le Veurdre to Ainay le chateau I took a brake in Valigny. Leaving the restaurant I followed the official signs on my way to Ainay le chateau...I thought. After 2 hours I saw a church wich gave me the feeling of having a deja vu. It was the same church opposite of the restaurant I left 2 hours earlier. I wunder if someone had the same experience on that route?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Last spring I walked a short part of the camino in central France from Nevers to Orval.On my way from le Veurdre to Ainay le chateau I took a brake in Valigny. Leaving the restaurant I followed the official signs on my way to Ainay le chateau...I thought. After 2 hours I saw a church wich gave me the feeling of having a deja vu. It was the same church opposite of the restaurant I left 2 hours earlier. I wunder if someone had the same experience on that route?

Buen camino to you.

Not that route but I did it on the Camino Madrid in June.
I left Penaflor early one morning in a light mist and fog headed for Castromonte and about 30 minutes later I was faced with the choice of wandering into tall grass and a rather large pond or continuing on the same gravel path I had been walking on until I reached this particular juncture. I chose the gravel path, even though my senses said it might me turning me towards the south. Many, many hours later I found the town of Torrelbaton, which is quite a magical beauty. It is so beautiful it deserves an albergue and a restaurant but alas, when I asked some residents in the town where the nearest albergue and restaurant was? They told me the one in Penafor was just about 4 km in one direction and the one in Castromonte was 17 km in the other direction.
IMG_1883(1).JPG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The dangers of too much wine with lunch!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.