A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Luar na Lubre playing live in Muxia

Ahhhs

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago, May 2015
Porto to Santiago, April 2016
Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago, April 2016
Camino Del Norte, April 2017
Loved the Albergue Bela Muxia and of course beautiful Muxia as well. Thanks!

Thornley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances [08 ]Portuguese [09 ]Le Puy[10] Norte[ 11] Madrid [12] Figeac - Pamplona [13] Mont Saint Michel - Bordeaux / St Palais - Pamplona [14] Moissac -Burgos [15] , Norte to Oviedo and then Primitivo [16]
Le Puy to Moissac and Dax to Santo Domingo

Phil W

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances to Melide, May-early July 2016,
Zamora Dec 2017 as Hospitalero
Janet and I loved Albergue Bela Muxia! We stayed a few days in the rooftop apartment last summer while I recovered from an illness. What a wonderful place. Wish I could have heard and seen Luar na Lubre! Thanks for sharing.
Phil

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Aug 2016-Oct(2016); Leon-Sarria, Ourense to SdC May (2017)
Hola Todos!
Thanks Mike for posting this wonderful music video!!! LOVE traditional Galego music and this took me right back to that wonderful place where I "ended" my Camino in May. On my walk to Muxia I ran into another NorthAmerican who said to me, "if you want to splurge, stay at Bela Muxia." I was injured and thought I deserved some "splurging" so I went directly to Bela Muxia and was greeted in the most loving way by Angel, the hospitalero. He took me in his arms and assured me that all is well. It WAS! Splurged on a private room with a terrace and often went up to the roof where this group is playing to gaze out on the sea. My heart definitely expanded in Muxia!!! Can't wait to return.
Ultreia!
elle

Phil W

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances to Melide, May-early July 2016,
Zamora Dec 2017 as Hospitalero
Hola Todos!
Thanks Mike for posting this wonderful music video!!! LOVE traditional Galego music and this took me right back to that wonderful place where I "ended" my Camino in May. On my walk to Muxia I ran into another NorthAmerican who said to me, "if you want to splurge, stay at Bela Muxia." I was injured and thought I deserved some "splurging" so I went directly to Bela Muxia and was greeted in the most loving way by Angel, the hospitalero. He took me in his arms and assured me that all is well. It WAS! Splurged on a private room with a terrace and often went up to the roof where this group is playing to gaze out on the sea. My heart definitely expanded in Muxia!!! Can't wait to return.
Ultreia!
elle
I also had a great experience staying at Bela Muxia and Angel was wonderful! My wife and I were able to stay in the rooftop apartment. What a treat! I was recovering from a stomach ailment and the ability to prepare food plus the peacefulness of Muxia was wonderful. We would have been delighted to hear the music.
Phil

Last edited:

Devon Mike

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
@peregrina2000 I wish I had been there. I love their music and have many CD's and a DVD which I enjoy at home. :)

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%