• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer and/or storage on Camino de Madrid and El Salvador

Masalawoman

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Frances (2017)
Hello, I'll be walking the Camino de Madrid in late September and October as part of a longer trip so have a bit more luggage with me than I'd like to carry while walking. Do any of you know of a reliable luggage transfer service that serves this particular route, especially one that does not require a fixed itinerary from the outset? And if there is no such service can you recommend a place to store luggage in Madrid for a month? Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello, I plan to walk the Camino del Salvador in October as part of a longer visit, so will have more luggage with me than I'd like to carry while walking. Do any of you know of a reliable luggage transfer service for this particular route, especially one that allows for flexible itineraries? Thank you for your help!

Hello, I plan to walk the Camino del Salvador in October as part of a longer visit, so will have more luggage with me than I'd like to carry while walking. Do any of you know of a reliable luggage transfer service for this particular route, especially one that allows for flexible itineraries? Thank you for your help!
No, there is no luggage transfer. You might be able to manage finding cabs to transport it for you but that would likely be very pricey. The part between Pola de Gordón and Campomanes would likely be the trickiest to even find a cab.

Can you just ship it all ahead from León to Oviedo? The Spanish postal service will ship suitcases up to 25 kilos, and León has a huge post office. You could also try UPS, which operates in Spain.

For the Camino de Madrid part of your question, there is no luggage transfer service there either. I think your absolutely best bet is to leave all luggage in Madrid. Many/most hotels will store it for you if you stay there at both ends of the trip. There are also luggage storage services, but that will likely be more pricey.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back