• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to astorga

Paddyc83

Flying into Madrid on the 7 of may and going to astorga only thing is the next bus after we arrive is at midnight is there any other way to get to astorga or how much would a taxi be any info would be a big help

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Paddy,

What time are you arriving into Madrid? (and are you arriving in Barajas?)

Have you checked the trains from Marid to Astorga? The trenhotel leaves at 10:30 p.m. , which makes for an ungodly arrival of 4 in the morning, but at least you could have a bed for a few hours.

Since the taxi rate is about 1 euro per km, you would make a taxi driver very happy by asking to be driven to Astorga from the Madrid airport -- it's more than 300 kms!

The bus from the airport:
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 09:35 14:50 5h 15min 24.11€ LMXJV
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 09:35 15:30 5h 55min 26.05€ VS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 13:45 18:00 4h 15min 33.16€ LMXJVS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 16:00 22:00 6h 00min 26.05€ LMXJ
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 16:45 21:30 4h 45min 24.11€ LMXJVS
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 20:30 00:30 4h 00min 33.16€ V
Madrid - Barajas Airport T4 Astorga 23:59 04:15 4h 16min 24.11€ LMXJVSD

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Plane gets in at 19.55 and it is Barajas so fingers crossed we can get the 20.30 bus driver might even wait 5 min thanks the info and for the time table falcon

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid ChamartĂ­n early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Just a question. If you are walking the same or part of a Camino you have walked before, do you stay at the same alburgues as you did or try somewhere new?
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back