• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to SJPP

Justabob

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April/May 2015
Camino Portuegese April/May 2016
Norte and Primitiveo Sept/Oct 2017
I'm sure this must have been asked a zillion times before but, I can't find it. If I arrive Madrid 10 am, what time should I plan to arrive SJPP that evening? Planning on a bus to Pamplona then taxi for the final leg.
Thanks in advance......

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
whariwharangi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've read elsewhere about taking a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP. Any input on that?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am taking the 1045 bus from terminal 4 this arrives at Pamplona at 1530 Istvar from Corozan Puro is providing the transfer to his pension near Roncessvalle the price is very reasonable considering that it also includes a 3 course evening meal and breakfast. Available also is a transfer to SJPP in tim for a 8 am start, you can even lighten you pack and pick it up when you walk past.
I have stayed there before it is very comfortable and clean, great value!

whariwharangi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've read elsewhere about taking a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP. Any input on that?

Distance is about 90km ... mountain roads ... so conservative estimate 2 hours.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm arriving in Madrid at 11:00am and plan to take the train departing Atocha for Pamplona at 3:05pm. Very easy direct bus from airport to train station. Runs continuously for 5 Euro.
Two buses service SJPP from Pamplona daily at 2:30pm and 5:30pm.
In addition to the numerous Conda buses leaving direct from Barajas for Pamplona there are also at least two daily runs to Pamplona by plmautocares.com.
You may be able to make it straight to SJPP in one day so long as there's no delay in your travel. Looks less likely for me so I'm planning to spend a night in Pamplona.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back