Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Mass Times in other Santiago Churches

StFina

Year of past OR future Camino
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
Is anyone aware of a resource that lists Mass times for other churches in Santiago de Compostela, not the cathedral? I do enjoy an early morning Mass. - Thanx

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
Go to this site (http://www.archicompostela.org/psancayetano/), click under horarios and under de la Ciudad, which lists some of the downtown churches. As well, I believe San Francisco, Santa Maria Salome, and San Augustin, all have early morning masses, but you just may have to ask around. Unless I got lost somewhere, the archdiocesan site doesn't list them.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Is anyone aware of a resource that lists Mass times for other churches in Santiago de Compostela, not the cathedral? I do enjoy an early morning Mass. - Thanx
Hi, StFina,
I found this list of masses in churches in town, And it looks like there are a few in the morning.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I can't help you there but you should visit Parroquia de Santa Salomé Rúa Nova, 31, Santa Salomé? The mother of Saint James and the third Mary - Mother Mary, Mary Magdalene, and Mary Salomé appearing in crucifixion scenes! Often closed but even for a quiet prayer on the porch in the bustling Rúa Nova certainly worth the stop.

Last edited:

t2andreo

Veteran Member
I use the Misas.org app on my smartphone. It is available at the Android and iPhone app stores.

Once you tell it where you are, or the place you are interested in, it provides you with every known Catholic church, the address, GPS coordinates, and it links to your maps app. It also provides Mass times by days of week; laborales (work days), festivos (feast days), etc.

Works great for me...

It is FREE.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
I've just been through my notes and had attended an early morning (7 am) service at Maria Salome, but that was in 2009.

Thomas1962

2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
Look at this page, also in English.

The Kolbist

past: Frances, inland Portuguese, Fatima
future: Del Norte, coastal Porugues, Englis
Masstimes.org

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances