Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Massage balm/cream

caminojo

Hi there
What a fantastic resource this forum is!
I'm just wondering if past pilgrims have any recommendations on brands of massage cream or balm they may have used for aching muscles and feet.
Based on the walking practice I've been doing so far, I think I might need it! :?
Merci/gracias!
caminojo

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
You can buy Arnica cream in any Farmacia along the way - and there are more Farmacias than bottle stores!
A WONDERFUL product for aching muscles or hot, sweaty, tired feet is Alcohol de Romero.
(Not to be used by people who suffer from hypertension).
You can buy ibuforen in all shapes and sizes as tablets and creams.

Annaliese&Maarten

I make my own cream here in Melbourne Australia, called, Pilgrim's Ointment! I actually made it after the pilgrimage as both my arches collapsed. It really works too... my whole family is addicted which explains why I am often sold out : ) It is jam packed full of Certified Organic arnica as well as 16 other herbs including Aloe Vera Gel.

If you're interested, then please take a look here (to buy in all currencies):
http://raworganique.com.au/estoremulti/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=42

or here (US Currency only): http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23877615

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

notion900

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
>
I can really recommend a greasy arnica balm you get in a tube from the homeoepathic section in many farmacia in spain. Lovely stuff! My mate Marta swears by putting Vicks on her feet!

Keeping the feet soft and well moisturised is so important as a preventative.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads