• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 18, 2024, @TassietoVP (Le Puy en Velay, Via Podiensis/G65/Le chemin du Puy)

TassietoVP

Time of past OR future Camino
VP in May/June 2024
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the weight of those essentials..!). Just retired so lots to reflect upon along the way....probably finish up around Cahors...?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi !
If you walk 30 days at 15km per day, you will reach about 450 km from Le Puy.
According to Godescalco you can be in Moissac where you will find a marvellous cloister and a railway station.
Some free advices:
- do not miss the starting blessing early in Le Puy cathedral (7;00 am) even if you are not a christian, even if you do not understand a bloody word of french: it is a kind of magical.
- in Conques, attend the organ concert and the portal describing.
- try to take the "Voie du Célé" variant from Figeac, then at Bouzies go to Saint-Cirq-Lapopie and join the standard way near Bach. You can do a part of this way on a canoe (typically rented at Marcilhac-sur-Célé and given back at Cabrerets).
- enjoy Saugues, the "Domaine du Sauvage" templar farm, Aubrac plateau, Nasbinals, Saint CĂ´me d'Olt with its strange bell tower, Espalion, Estaing, Conques, Figeac, St Cirq, Cahors (look for the devil statue on one of the towers of the bridge), Lauzerte, Moissac...

Do not think about it: go and walk !
Bon Chemin and Welcome in France !

The Via Podiensis is beautifull. If your wish to walk short days relates also to walkingtime, you should consider also that the walk after le Puy includes much going up and out, in an out of the valleys ( to be rewarded with beautiful views)
To attend the 7.00 service is indeed very rewarding, also for non religious people like myself. The moment when "the gates are opened" reminded me of the moment in spring " when the cows are let out of the barn to graze outside and start jumping from joy"

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi !
If you walk 30 days at 15km per day, you will reach about 450 km from Le Puy.
According to Godescalco you can be in Moissac where you will find a marvellous cloister and a railway station.
Some free advices:
- do not miss the starting blessing early in Le Puy cathedral (7;00 am) even if you are not a christian, even if you do not understand a bloody word of french: it is a kind of magical.
- in Conques, attend the organ concert and the portal describing.
- try to take the "Voie du Célé" variant from Figeac, then at Bouzies go to Saint-Cirq-Lapopie and join the standard way near Bach. You can do a part of this way on a canoe (typically rented at Marcilhac-sur-Célé and given back at Cabrerets).
- enjoy Saugues, the "Domaine du Sauvage" templar farm, Aubrac plateau, Nasbinals, Saint CĂ´me d'Olt with its strange bell tower, Espalion, Estaing, Conques, Figeac, St Cirq, Cahors (look for the devil statue on one of the towers of the bridge), Lauzerte, Moissac...

Do not think about it: go and walk !
Bon Chemin and Welcome in France !
Grand merci pour ces tuyaux, Pafayac!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.