• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meeting Forum Members along the way.

Diogo92

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C. Português 2013, 2014
C. de Fátima 2014
C. do Salnés 2015
On this year Camiño, I've talked with @linnea.borealis about meeting each other on the way, and we gave to each other descriptions from each other.

The more I walked, the more I was convinced that I wasn't going to find anybody from the Forum.

But then, on Caldas de Reis, at café 5Jotas, I saw an "old" couple coming in. I saw Linnet and I thought "Hmmm, that face is familiar to me". After a 2 minute talk, we were very happy to finally meet each other. Up untill the end, we always talked and walked a little bit together.

I will never forget you and your husband Ken!

Cheers from this Portuguese guy :)

251.JPG

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One day in the Sahagun rail station I greeted a lady with a forum patch on her pack. She was very leery of me, kept her pack very near, and skittered away as soon as she could.

Wasn't by chance the six dogs trailing behind?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I seriously hope to meet forum members, and I'd like to see them go as well. I walk in my own tempo, and that will not suit many speedy walkers. I want peace, as well as I want to meet as many as possible of you. I will cook the evening meal for you. ;-)

One day in the Sahagun rail station I greeted a lady with a forum patch on her pack. She was very leery of me, kept her pack very near, and skittered away as soon as she could.
If you put that patch on there, someone might actually say hello. Be prepared!

It's in there:

unnamed.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you put that patch on there, someone might actually say hello. Be prepared!
Same thing happened to me in the Biarritz railway station. I chatted away merrily to a badge wearing couple who looked a bit lost - about the bus to Bayonne and the train and times to St Jean. They were utterly bewildered and a little frightened. I have occasionally been asked where the badges can be obtained. I guess folk just like them and buy without knowing the forum ramifications.
Or maybe I'm just ugly, evil looking, and deemed a danger to all good honest travellers.
Regds
Gerard

Last edited:
Well, in a total of about 12 weeks on the Frances, Madrid and Ingles, I have never met another forum member, or seen a forum badge on anyone's pack. I think we are the vocal minority....;)

I didn't have the forum patch on my pack in 2012 but saw a few, I had it in 2013 from Sarria but saw no others. I will have it on the pack again this year and hope to meet a few of you for a chat. My daughter in law made me a "wayfarer" patch and I may sew that on for this years Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I met 4 forum members last year on the Frances. Two walking over the Napoleon saw my patch and started a conversation and the other two were in the Cathedral (I didn't have my bag with me but I was recognised from my Avatar).:oops:

You mean you actually LOOK like your avatar? Shock! :eek:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I wore a patch last May and saw one forum member walking into Boadilla. I lost her unfortunately as she didn't stay there. Maybe I will see a few badges in May

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I wore a patch last May and saw one forum member walking into Boadilla. I lost her unfortunately as she didn't stay there. Maybe I will see a few badges in May

Hi Clearskies, When are you walking in May? I'm doing a bit of leapfrogging in that I start May 12 from Pamplona, walk to Burgos and train back to Pamplona to meet my husband on May 23. If your plans coincide with mine at any point, let me know and I'll look for you!

Hi Clearskies, When are you walking in May? I'm doing a bit of leapfrogging in that I start May 12 from Pamplona, walk to Burgos and train back to Pamplona to meet my husband on May 23. If your plans coincide with mine at any point, let me know and I'll look for you!

I will be leaving St Jean on May 29th. So you will be well ahead of me when I start. :)

When Frank and Ivar had the office downtown Santiago, I was there leaving some items and ran into a lady with a forum patch. Actually she noticed mine first! I ended up buying her ALTUS poncho from her because she was leaving and we were planning on walking another route. I'm sorry but I'm having a senior moment and can't recall her name. Haven't seen her on here in a while, but she used to be a frequent forum member. We've also met up with friends from Oregon and Washington. A couple of years ago we ran into our friend who was acting as hospitalera in Arres. And the best surprise of all was running into a Camino friend we'd walked with about 6 years earlier! I love the Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back