• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Melbourne walker Kath

Kathryn Leong

Time of past OR future Camino
Completed the Camino Frances in 2012 starting from SJPdP and loved it so much I want to do another. Planning to do the Via de la Plata in April 2014.
Hello,
I am an independent traveller undertaking my second Camino. I walked the Camino Frances in may/ June 2012 with a dear friend. We had a wonderful experience and I felt a great sense of peace and satisfaction when I attended Mass in the Cathedral in Santiago. I suffered a stress fracture in a toe but with a bit of medication did not let it interfere with my intention to complete the walk. The sense of love I experienced along the way was something I will never forget. I think the VdlP will be different and challenging in other ways.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am starting my VdlP in April. I hope I will meet up with some other forum members.

I am starting my VdlP in April. I hope I will meet up with some other forum members.
Hi Kathryn,

I will not be starting until the 25/26th April so unless you are walking quite slowly we will not meet. Hope to arrive in Santiago last week of May. Then on to Muxia & Finisterre not returning to the UK until 11th June.

Have a good one I'm sure you will meet many others. Keith from Wales.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Keith. It does seem like I will be ahead but I do intend to take a few rest days and anticipate arriving in Santiago mid May. Whether I go on to Finisterre and Muxia is debatable. I visited both after completing the Camino Frances in 2012 but I didn't walk there due to a sore foot. If I am in good health I might walk on this time. That might give us an opportunity to cross paths;).

Thanks Keith. It does seem like I will be ahead but I do intend to take a few rest days and anticipate arriving in Santiago mid May. Whether I go on to Finisterre and Muxia is debatable. I visited both after completing the Camino Frances in 2012 but I didn't walk there due to a sore foot. If I am in good health I might walk on this time. That might give us an opportunity to cross paths;).
I am starting after you both, I am starting a girlfriend on the CF, walking with her for 3 days then catching trains down to Seville from Pamplona to start the VDLP on the 10th May. I shall be well behind you both. Aiming to do in 31-32 days so speedy walking & long distances.

Carrying a sleeping bag on VdlP.
I am approaching Salamanca and most places have had blankets. You do need a sleeping sheet for albergues at least, or a very light sleeping bag. I find I have used my sleeping bag and am able to secure my valuables in a special pocket while I sleep, so that is another consideration.
A French walker said she only needed her a sleeping bag once up to Salamanca. Staying in Casa Rurals you won't need anything but they are more expensive and not as frequent. If this leg is an indication than blankets seem to be available on a regular basis.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back