• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Minta starts from SJPP 2-26

Minta

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018)
Heavy into research and planning for my February/March/April 2018 pilgrimage on the Camino Frances starting in SJPP. Loving this forum and finding much guidance in its threads. Many thanks to all past, present, and future pilgrims for taking the time to post questions, suggestions, and inspiration.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Heavy into research and planning for my February/March/April 2018 pilgrimage on the Camino Frances starting in SJPP. Loving this forum and finding much guidance in its threads. Many thanks to all past, present, and future pilgrims for taking the time to post questions, suggestions, and inspiration.
I walked the Camino same time earlier this year. Hoping to go again in 2018. March was really a wonderful month to walk this year. Got a little bit of everything weather-wise, but mostly pleasant sunny days.

We will likely see you. Starting In Pamplona on the 27th of Feb. we tend to be pretty organized and know our limits which is abt 20 K per day. There are limited albergues available and limited overall accommodations, specially from Burgos to Leon in early March.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We'll be right behind you! We arrive in Pamplona on February 28th, but will probably spend a few days recovering from jet lag before beginning our Camino.

Hope to see you on the Way!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Leaving Sjpdp in Feb. Nopolean route closed until mid April. Likely heavy snow on mountain. Very dangerous. Lower route via Valcarlos likely to be snow and Roncesvales snow covered. Pamplona doable but expect mud rain snow. Been camino

approximately? ... what time?:D:D:D
I walked the Camino same time earlier this year. Hoping to go again in 2018. March was really a wonderful month to walk this year. Got a little bit of everything weather-wise, but mostly pleasant sunny days.

wondering if you could shed any light onwhat the heat is like in the albegues that time of year.

We will likely see you. Starting In Pamplona on the 27th of Feb. we tend to be pretty organized and know our limits which is abt 20 K per day. There are limited albergues available and limited overall accommodations, specially from Burgos to Leon in early March.
thanks for the information, i hope we run into each other.
have you run into any information about heat in the albegues that tme of year?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
approximately? ... what time?:D:D:D
i was thinking weather might be a factor in my actual start date, i felt funny typing it too, but i guess it is something that has to be contended with that time of year.

We'll be right behind you! We arrive in Pamplona on February 28th, but will probably spend a few days recovering from jet lag before beginning our Camino.

Hope to see you on the Way!
will keep an eye out for you!

Leaving Sjpdp in Feb. Nopolean route closed until mid April. Likely heavy snow on mountain. Very dangerous. Lower route via Valcarlos likely to be snow and Roncesvales snow covered. Pamplona doable but expect mud rain snow. Been camino
thanks for the info. not looking forward to the mud.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
HELP! I saw that my start date was no longer on the calendar and so added it again. This time around an end date was required and now I have clogged the calendar. Anyone know how I can delete an event and start over?

HELP! I saw that my start date was no longer on the calendar and so added it again. This time around an end date was required and now I have clogged the calendar. Anyone know how I can delete an event and start over?
Nevermind. Figured it out. Got a little overexcited there for a moment.

If staying in albergues definitely carry a sleeping bag as many will not leave heating on all night. Most albergues at that time of year will provide blankets but don’t rely on that. Besides chances are you will need your sleeping bag plus a blanket.
Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back