• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe, then North to Guadalupe and Avila anyone!

Jay Es

Time of past OR future Camino
finish the Via de la Plata abandoned lockdown 2020
I'm looking at an alternative to the Mozarabe from joining the VdlP at Merida.
There are hints of leaving the Mozarabe and heading to Guadalupe and onwards towards Avila.
I don't know how realistic these routes are though, if they just follow highways.
I know there is a new variant via Trujillo, but I have walked the VdlP before and am of a mind to try a different route north to Benevente.
I'd be grateful for any info or just telling me is not a practical idea.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Does this help?

i am starting the mozarabe camino at the end of this month.having walked the via de plata,i am taking the trujllo variant and rejoining the plata before salamanca.then onto the sanabres to santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Unless there is a specific reason for joining the vdlp @ Merida, you could take the 4-5 day Camino Teresiano from Avila through to Alba de Tormes, then one day on the walking trail into Salamanca to rejoin vdlp 😎

Unless there is a specific reason for joining the vdlp @ Merida, you could take the 4-5 day Camino Teresiano from Avila through to Alba de Tormes, then one day on the walking trail into Salamanca to rejoin vdlp 😎
I think this is the one I was looking at. Have you done it?
I have looked at the rought route on Google earth and it seems there a lot of tarmack and road walking, but Im uncertain.
Do you know if its way marked?

i am starting the mozarabe camino at the end of this month.having walked the via de plata,i am taking the trujllo variant and rejoining the plata before salamanca.then onto the sanabres to santiago.
I think we will probably head on up to Yuste Monestario and along the GR route to meet up with the VdlP a bit furher north. But still may make our way to Avila via another route, theres just some mountains in the way! with it being a winter Camino, we may have snow in that area and have to abandon to the VdlP anyway.
Hope you have a Buen Camino,keep us posted on your journey, it would be ineresting to know how you get along.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
iv fly into almeria this monday 27th and set off on the tuesday.
i went through avila last year whilst hiking from alicante.that was late autumn and the weather was fine.

iv fly into almeria this monday 27th and set off on the tuesday.
i went through avila last year whilst hiking from alicante.that was late autumn and the weather was fine.
Hi @Starseeker54
Pls post occasionally when(if) time permits. You could start a separate ‘live thread’. /
I hope you’ve checked out this forum search function and have links to Nely in Almería and the other friends who will be there to assist you with info from Almería to Granada.
Buen camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
is there a route map for that variant?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the link. I've downloaded it, very much appreciated.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back