• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxiana via email

John Sikora

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I wasn't able to get a Muxiana in person since all the offices were closed when I was looking, but there was a sign (rather yellow and looking kind of sad) that said you could submit the request via email. I did that and got a bounce back saying the quota was full. Has anyone gotten their Muxiana this way. It could just be that the email was full and I'll try in a few days. Or it could be that they've stopped for some reason. Just thought I would ask what everybody thinks the current situation is.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The best practice if the Concello (Town Hall) is closed (open only 9am-2pm weekdays) is to go to one of the larger albergues and have them do it for you there, even if you aren’t staying there.
If you are having problems with the email system, I would try contacting the town hall directly and ask for their help.

I wasn't able to get a Muxiana in person since all the offices were closed when I was looking, but there was a sign (rather yellow and looking kind of sad) that said you could submit the request via email. I did that and got a bounce back saying the quota was full. Has anyone gotten their Muxiana this way. It could just be that the email was full and I'll try in a few days. Or it could be that they've stopped for some reason. Just thought I would ask what everybody thinks the current situation is.
I sent the email last week and got the same 'failed delivery' message. So, I found another email and sent them a message explaining the situation. They replied and said that they're receiving the emails, despite the 'failed delivery' message and that my Muxiana was in the post. I haven't received it yet, but this exchange happened just before the weekend. So hopefully I'll get it in the next couple of days.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, I received my Muxiana very quickly after I emailed them in 2022. They wanted my passport and credential and it came within a week or two to the US.

Looks like they are still getting emails according to MariaSP (above)

Mine arrived yesterday (UK) from my email to the Concello.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I dragged myself around town today to find a Muxiana. The municipal albergue does them.
They didn't do them for us two weeks ago on a Sunday.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Can you post the e-mail address? I, too, was there when all was closed...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back