• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino experience, am I a baby?...I cried!

Did the Camino help you with..."Getting rid of some of the painful baggage from your past?

• NO...I still have issues and found no answers.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimkaszynski

RIP 2014
Time of past OR future Camino
First step June 1st 2013
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My Camino was an experience beyond expectations and the people I met, both Pilgrims and Locals, along the way made that experience. I have never encountered such generosity of spirit from such a diverse collections of humanity as you meet on the Camino. I have worked and lived in many countries with many nationalities but the Camino has a connection you will not find anywhere else.

Buen Camino

My Camino experience exceeded all expectations. The people I met, both Pilgrims and Locals, made every moment of my journey an event to rejoice in the human spirit. I have lived and worked in many countries and met some exceptional people but The Camino brings out something indescribable in everyone. I also broke down a wept when the journey ended and I had to leave my Camino Family. I am currently planning to return 2014 and will probably continue to do so as long as I can walk.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You can't go home again. Expecting your next camino to be like your first one will ruin it. Even your camino family will have a different attitude toward you. They are doing it for the first time as naive, but learning, virgins. You will be the jaded know-it-all with considerably less awe than you had the first time. You will be the guru, but the guru that knows how to be silent so you don't spoil the spontaneity of their next day with "stop at this bar for an incredible croissant, and avoid that albergue because the beds creak." You will suggest a communal meal somewhere because you had a great evening experience there the last time. Your companions will be in the mood for a pilgrim menu.

If you force your second walk into the mold of the first one, you may wish you had stayed at home!!

It is great every time because it is different every time. Stay in all new places, avoiding the favorites, and you will intentionally stay out of a rut.

Just sayin'...

From 2004 through 2012 I have walked the Camino Frances in its entirety eight times. The terrain may have been the same but the realities were greatly varied. Although each Camino began with both anticipation and trepidation as I wondered how it all would go, each pilgrimage developed its own rich mix of old friends and new, fickleness of weather, stamina and health and, of course, philosophical musings and thanksgiving. Walking past extraordinary structures or humble abodes, breathtaking vistas or chaotic sprawl, magnificent sculptures or simple symbols the actual topography and weather often dominated my immediate reactions. Was the Camino going uphill? Sliding down on scree? Crossing water? How fast was the traffic? How thick was the mud? Was it raining? Would the ice melt? How deep was the snow? Could I see through the storm? What was tomorrow's forecast? When could I sit? Luckily this complex blend of banal and superb was often tempered by the gracious kindnesses of those along the way who offered smiles, hugs, water, conversation, help and hospitality. What a wonderful brew!

Of course the world is filled with wonderful treasures many of which I have had the professional privilege and personal pleasure to visit. However, for me the Camino is incomparable. The 'something else' which always makes it so special is that extraordinary flourishing of human spirit along the way. Such shared serendipity is a continual precious gift....May it always be so.

Margaret Meredith

I know everyone has a different experience! However, I got in touch with emotions and feelings; that at no time, knew that I had? The “NEW” life questions were my answers an “I never thought of that,” question! This story is about a few of my encounters with my past, present and future.

My story... http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpre...step-on-my-camino-walki-broke-down-and-cried/
One question Jim.....Did you end up Walking your Camino with NO MONEY and, if so, how did you fare?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, those new "life" questions we might think about everyday (especially in the early morning) after we return home. Since 2004, not a day goes by when I don't think of the Camino. Although I rarely come up with any answers, I love simply wandering off.

Even if only a little, life changes after the Camino. I like that.

After walking from Porto this year, I am ready to go back and face the crowds on the CF next year in June. I always choke up when I get to the Cathedral, but only shed tears during the mass, botafumeiro or not. It's a personal experience that we all seem to share universally. What is it about the Camino that drags us back year after year; the comradarie, the nature, the exertion or is there really an ancient spirit present from underground and the Milky Way that propels us all?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One question Jim.....Did you end up Walking your Camino with NO MONEY and, if so, how did you fare?
I only had money for the albergue's , and almost no money for food. I did not starve but had many nights going to bed hungry. Read my link about my experience.

I wrote two blogs on Camino tears, although I could have written dozen... One is during one of those "magical" Camino moments when unplanned emotions come flooding through - - The blog is titled "I leaked"
http://sylviehanes.ca/2011/05/17/i-leaked/

and this one is specifically regarding the "after Camino" tears - written for the Camino Documentary group -
Titled "Life after the Camino - The Tears"!
http://caminodocumentary.org/blog/?p=586

I am returning on the Camino for the third time next fall and I am currently conducting research for a book I want to write on the Reintegration to our day to day life following our Camino experiences. My Camino tears, shed either on the Camino or afterwards are part and parcel of the entire experience! How blessed are we to have such experiences that move us to tears even years afterwards.

I wrote two blogs on Camino tears, although I could have written dozen... One is during one of those "magical" Camino moments when unplanned emotions come flooding through - - The blog is titled "I leaked"
http://sylviehanes.ca/2011/05/17/i-leaked/

and this one is specifically regarding the "after Camino" tears - written for the Camino Documentary group -
Titled "Life after the Camino - The Tears"!
http://caminodocumentary.org/blog/?p=586

I am returning on the Camino for the third time next fall and I am currently conducting research for a book I want to write on the Reintegration to our day to day life following our Camino experiences. My Camino tears, shed either on the Camino or afterwards are part and parcel of the entire experience! How blessed are we to have such experiences that move us to tears even years afterwards.
Thanks for sharing your "tears" with us! Read both your blogs, great insight. I love this reaching into our heart and soul that we didn't even know existed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
After walking from Porto this year, I am ready to go back and face the crowds on the CF next year in June. I always choke up when I get to the Cathedral, but only shed tears during the mass, botafumeiro or not. It's a personal experience that we all seem to share universally. What is it about the Camino that drags us back year after year; the comradarie, the nature, the exertion or is there really an ancient spirit present from underground and the Milky Way that propels us all?
You got me thinking...the meaning of "All choked up?" A beautiful way to express a way to the un-known! A time to learn, grow and understand; why we are here, good job! The Milky Way became my new friend also.

Yes, those new "life" questions we might think about everyday (especially in the early morning) after we return home. Since 2004, not a day goes by when I don't think of the Camino. Although I rarely come up with any answers, I love simply wandering off.

Even if only a little, life changes after the Camino. I like that.
"Wandering off" may be the answer? Thanks for your insight.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think that many of us cried with the emotion, the elation of reaching our destination. Like Jim, when I was young, I was told "Big boys don't cry." This one did! And again on the second camino, and the third......
OK - so I'm not a "big boy" - I don't care, I just enjoy the moment and find I need to return to the camino again and again.
Buen camino!

Thank goodness I wasn't on my own I thought I was a softy and over sensitive, reading about you lot brought tears to my eyes again (alright yes I blubbered again)and I have been back home about three months now.
I also remember there were times when I had a kind of smile permanently on my face I couldn't help it, the world and the people were so beautiful and I was so happy! 'Camino tears' I like that very much thank you.
Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank goodness I wasn't on my own I thought I was a softy and over sensitive, reading about you lot brought tears to my eyes again (alright yes I blubbered again)and I have been back home about three months now.
I also remember there were times when I had a kind of smile permanently on my face I couldn't help it, the world and the people were so beautiful and I was so happy! 'Camino tears' I like that very much thank you.
Buen camino!
I really like what you said...."I had a kind of smile permanently on my face I couldn't help it," thanks, that all makes sense to me now, we let things happen la-naturally, and bi-pass our head and reach into our heart! I think we un-learned something. The Camino worked and it's up to us to continue on our journey.

When I grew up I was always told tears were a sign of weakness, they were wrong!
I have cried on every camino, usually after 21 days and when on long stretches, maseta etc, I also hear people talking to me when nobody within 5km, off again 17/9 , 21 days of sheer bliss, congrats on arriving in Santiago

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have cried on every camino, usually after 21 days and when on long stretches, maseta etc, I also hear people talking to me when nobody within 5km, off again 17/9 , 21 days of sheer bliss, congrats on arriving in Santiago
I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard voices, have an "Enjoy the Moment" walk!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am a week away from my first Camino. I find the tears are already coming.

I believe God created water before humans so our emotions, when they become too much for our bodies to contain, can flow into the world.

Blessings,
Deborah

I am currently about 12 km from Palas de Rei, and have found tears to be my most faithful companion. When we seek the questions we need to answer in this life, we must often wade through the tears to find them.

Blessings,

Ruth

perpetualperegrino.blogspot.com

I am currently about 12 km from Palas de Rei, and have found tears to be my most faithful companion. When we seek the questions we need to answer in this life, we must often wade through the tears to find them.

Blessings,

Ruth

perpetualperegrino.blogspot.com
I love that....."tears to be my most faithful companion," you are now into your heart, let it flow!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Some are tears of real joy, I am sure Ruth, and a joy you find really hard to explain just tell folk they are tears of happiness. And by the way they don't stop when you remember things back at home they are very very special and infectious I suspect there is no cure it is Grace!!!

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back