• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My stages

Newlin

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto - Santiago 2017,
Lisbon - Porto - Santiago 2015,
SJPP - Santiago 2015
This is my stages from start to finish.

Lisboa - Alverca do Ribatejo
Alverca do Ribatejo - Azambuja
Azambuja - Santarém
Santarém - Golegã
Golegã - Tomar
Tomar - Alvaiázere
Alvaiázere - Rabaçal
Rabaçal - Coimbra
Coimbra - Anadia
Anadia - Albergaria-a-Velha
Albergaria-a-Velha - São João da Madeira
São João da Madeira - Porto
Porto - Vila do Conde
Vila do Conde - Esposende
Esposende - Viana do Castelo
Viana do Castelo - Tui
Tui - Arcade
Arcade - Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis - Padrón
Padrón - Santiago de Compostela

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Newlin,
Congratulations on finishing your Caminho! I walked essentially those same stages, except that I didn't go out to the coast and up to Viana. Just wondering if you have any general comments or suggestions, and particularly whether you can add to the "Should I start from Lisbon or is it a bad walk?" debate. I have my own opinion on that, but I know there is a lot of disagreement, and it's helpful to hear new perspectives. Thanks, and bom caminho. Laurie

Hi, Newlin,
Congratulations on finishing your Caminho! I walked essentially those same stages, except that I didn't go out to the coast and up to Viana. Just wondering if you have any general comments or suggestions, and particularly whether you can add to the "Should I start from Lisbon or is it a bad walk?" debate. I have my own opinion on that, but I know there is a lot of disagreement, and it's helpful to hear new perspectives. Thanks, and bom caminho. Laurie

Hi
I started writing a text today and will put a link here later when it's done. I really enjoyed walking out from Lisbon and would do it again. Sure there is a lot of boring parts but still very nice to walk.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is my stages from start to finish.

Lisboa - Alverca do Ribatejo
Alverca do Ribatejo - Azambuja
Azambuja - Santarém
Santarém - Golegã
Golegã - Tomar
Tomar - Alvaiázere
Alvaiázere - Rabaçal
Rabaçal - Coimbra
Coimbra - Anadia
Anadia - Albergaria-a-Velha
Albergaria-a-Velha - São João da Madeira
São João da Madeira - Porto
Porto - Vila do Conde
Vila do Conde - Esposende
Esposende - Viana do Castelo
Viana do Castelo - Tui
Tui - Arcade
Arcade - Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis - Padrón
Padrón - Santiago de Compostela

Hi Newlin,

Congrats on your walk. I'm walking the Portuguese Route next Month. I just wanted to ask: if you were able to find the time to visit the Roman Ruins in between Rabacal and Coimbra? The guide back advices splitting that into two days - but 11 ks for one day is a bit short. What do you think?

Also did you find the traditional inland route was too much around paved roads and highways? I was thinking of doing the coastal route - but am wondering if the traditional interior route was just as scenic?

Appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Hi Newlin,

Congrats on your walk. I'm walking the Portuguese Route next Month. I just wanted to ask: if you were able to find the time to visit the Roman Ruins in between Rabacal and Coimbra? The guide back advices splitting that into two days - but 11 ks for one day is a bit short. What do you think?

Also did you find the traditional inland route was too much around paved roads and highways? I was thinking of doing the coastal route - but am wondering if the traditional interior route was just as scenic?

The path passes literally by the Roman ruins of Conimbriga, which take about an hour to visit. You can perfectly making Rabaçal to Coimbra and visit the ruins of Conimbriga.

Hi Newlin,

Hi
Sorry for late answer.
I didn't stay and looked at the Roman Ruins. I did stop at the roman aqueduct on my way in to town. I walked up a hill and it was open. I walked in it and it was really cool..

In Porto i walked down to the water in town and walked out to the coust. Then I followed the coast up north to Caminha. I jumped on and of the coastal route. Sometimes i walked on the beach or roades close to it. After Caminha i walked on a great orange road inland to the "normal" route and crossed into Spain. The coastal route is really nice but sometimes it far from the beach.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back