• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Name of the nun singing in Santiago Cathedral

Ibcus

I came back from walking The Camino Portugues last Saturday with my brother and his wife.
I took my DSLR with me and I've been going through the 1000+ shots all week.

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the nun that sings in Santiago Cathedral, I would like to include her name in the discription on flickr.
She was excellent.

5797340269_8a46bca42b.jpg

Here is a link to a larger version if you need it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24378537@N07/5797340269/sizes/l/

Here is a link to the full set of photo's of our journey, I still have a few left to process and upload.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24378537@N07/sets/72157626747382491/

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I can't answer your nun question- but I did take a look at your photo collection, and they are spectacular. You were blessed with a lot of blue skies! I love the many details you have captured, and I love the way you often showed the 'old' of the Camino together with the present day cityscape/landscape etc. Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them.
Margaret

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm glad you liked them KiwiNomad06, I wasn't sure if it was worth carrying the extra weight of camera and lens around (1.5kilo).
I'm glad I did now.

I did get a litle worried it may get stolen in my sleep, I slept with it once or twice.

Thanks for the name anniethenurse

Hi,

totally off topic,I just looked at your pictures, and it seems like all the walking was on roads (more or less) Is that correct ?

You can check the detailed terrain on most of the caminos at Peter Robins' site. Here is the Portuguese route:

http://pilgrim.peterrobins.co.uk/routes ... ugues.html

Click on the individual segments, and then click "view" for IGN maps. The route will show on the topographic map, and you can zoom in with the "+" to see when the route is on a road and when it is not.

After a quick scan, I would say that most of the route is not on roads, but crosses quite a few, and has some country roads. If you spend the time looking at the map, you can decide for yourself.

Go to the alphabetical listing in Modern Routes on the site to see other routes.

Buen camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It wasn't all on road, it does seem like it with the pictures though.
I didn't want lots of photo's that looked the same, walking down a country lane with tree's on each side or open fields.
I could have taken loads more but who wants to sit looking at 100 pictures that are basicaly the same?

I've tried to take a picture leaving in the morning, so that will more than likely be on road and one entering the next town we are staying, with a few in between if something caught my eye.

There are lots of photo opportunities that I missed, some days I was too exhausted to bother with the camera. Next time I'll do a lot more training than a 5 mile walk up and down the canal :lol:

We only did a short one(?) compared to others, starting in Tui.

"her name is Maria Asuncion"
Thank you. She has the most beautiful voice and I always try to be there when she leads the singing. I have sung in a large choir myself (Collegium Musicum, Fuengirola) and have always wanted to have the courage to ask her if I could sing with her somewhere in private. Such an angelic voice.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.