• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nearly on my way to Spain

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2022)
Del Norte (2022)
Hi, I’m Jos, almost 67 years old and on the 1st of March I start my Camino from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, where I live. From Rotterdam I walk to a small village near Eindhoven and from there, I’ll walk the Via Monastica. This route wil take me through the east of Belgium to Rocroi, just across the border into France. Next I’ll walk from Rocroi to Vézelay, passing the cities of Reims and Troyes. From Vézelay straight on to Saint Jean Pied de Port and Irun, Spain.
I plan to walk the Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo and will, eventually, reach Santiago de Compostela and Finisterre. It is my intention to walk back to the Netherlands. After all, I’m retired with lots of time on hand, so why shouldn’t I? I guess the whole trip will take me six months, walking some 5.200 kilometers, give or take a few (hundred).
Needless to say I’m looking forward to my trip, after all the waiting I’ve done (two years!), due to Covid19. My only (small) worry is, that it will be crowded on the Camino’s. Being a holy year and lots of people who, like myself, will finally get a chance to put on their walking shoes and go for it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, I’m Jos, almost 67 years old and on the 1st of March I start my Camino from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, where I live. From Rotterdam I walk to a small village near Eindhoven and from there, I’ll walk the Via Monastica. This route wil take me through the east of Belgium to Rocroi, just across the border into France. Next I’ll walk from Rocroi to Vézelay, passing the cities of Reims and Troyes. From Vézelay straight on to Saint Jean Pied de Port and Irun, Spain.
I plan to walk the Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo and will, eventually, reach Santiago de Compostela and Finisterre. It is my intention to walk back to the Netherlands. After all, I’m retired with lots of time on hand, so why shouldn’t I? I guess the whole trip will take me six months, walking some 5.200 kilometers, give or take a few (hundred).
Needless to say I’m looking forward to my trip, after all the waiting I’ve done (two years!), due to Covid19. My only (small) worry is, that it will be crowded on the Camino’s. Being a holy year and lots of people who, like myself, will finally get a chance to put on their walking shoes and go for it.
Veel plezier. 🙏🏻 Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

If you are in need of assistance or a lift when you are in Belgium please pm me if you want to.
I don't live on the via Monastica but on the via Limburgica ( not far away from the town of Zoutleeuw ) but hey , distances are really negligible here anwyay!

Being a male it will be easier for you to use the hospitality of some male abbeys where they have refugios for gentlemen.

Happy preparations! En veel plezier!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
All that I can say is that I'm jealous!
As a US citizen I can't spend that amount of time walking in Europe, though I would love to.

Sounds like great adventure! Just remember, there will always be someone who’s set off walking from some point even farther away than you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back