• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Camino normal - tent friendly?

atcamel

Tim
Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2015)
Alburgues are starting to open with new social distancing requirements. Tenting in the back yard of an alburgue would solve some of these problems. Will alburgues welcome more tenting in the future to help with social distancing? Would like the alburgue associations to consider a tenting option in their opening plans.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good idea but not all albergues have space for tents.

Almost daily I've been seeing announcements that municipals and parochials run by associations and manned by volunteers have decided not to open this summer so I guess tent users are not on their priority list.

It is a race against time and in my opinion, it is not certain that the albergues who previously accepted a tent will do so with the reopening, and vice versa.
But staying on topic, as it is the situation currently, it certainly could give some small advantage, considering however that not all albergues have the adequate and suitable space, If those who place the tent in the courtyard / garden manage their general needs only and only in that space. But since, at least in my experience, there is a need to take a shower, there is a need to wash clothes, there is a need for a good coffee and a beer, the risk of coming into contact with the other "guests" remains! And maybe for you who chose to camp in a tent, there was no initial imposition to take the indicated sanitary and hygienic measures (at least most of them).
A dog that bites its tail?
In my opinion, the schemes would skip.
From July onwards it will be seen how the situation will evolve.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers
If you’re walking the Camino Portugues right now I’d recommend you avoid the complementario route into Pontevedra. While it is quiet and green and follows the river, it’s also a muddy mess. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back