Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camping New Camino normal - tent friendly?

atcamel

Tim
Camino(s) past & future
CF (2015)
Alburgues are starting to open with new social distancing requirements. Tenting in the back yard of an alburgue would solve some of these problems. Will alburgues welcome more tenting in the future to help with social distancing? Would like the alburgue associations to consider a tenting option in their opening plans.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Good idea but not all albergues have space for tents.

Almost daily I've been seeing announcements that municipals and parochials run by associations and manned by volunteers have decided not to open this summer so I guess tent users are not on their priority list.

Jomas

Camino(s) past & future
VF many times. Monaco-Lindau '15. Assisi-Pietralcina '17. CF '18. VF small part 09/20 next
It is a race against time and in my opinion, it is not certain that the albergues who previously accepted a tent will do so with the reopening, and vice versa.
But staying on topic, as it is the situation currently, it certainly could give some small advantage, considering however that not all albergues have the adequate and suitable space, If those who place the tent in the courtyard / garden manage their general needs only and only in that space. But since, at least in my experience, there is a need to take a shower, there is a need to wash clothes, there is a need for a good coffee and a beer, the risk of coming into contact with the other "guests" remains! And maybe for you who chose to camp in a tent, there was no initial imposition to take the indicated sanitary and hygienic measures (at least most of them).
A dog that bites its tail?
In my opinion, the schemes would skip.
From July onwards it will be seen how the situation will evolve.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock